Dangerous Liaisons 3x14

In the morning when I went downstairs I was greeted with Stefan, Damon and Elena standing in the kitchen

In the morning when I went downstairs I was greeted with Stefan, Damon and Elena standing in the kitchen. When I asked what's going on, the Salvatore brothers and Elena quickly explained to me what happened with the original family last night. But before Elena explained her part she had to first complain about how Rebekah attacked her last night but Elijah saved her. It was hard not making a comment that it was Elena's fault that Bekah actually attacked her, if she didn't dagger her, Rebekah would have never wanted to attack her.

"It was their mother Esther who was sealed in that coffin." Elena explains to us.

"As in the Original Witch?" Stefan asks.

"What? How is she even alive? Thought her hybrid freak show of a son ripped her heart out a thousand years ago." Damon says.

"She or someone else probably did some spell to preserve her body." I state.

"Elijah said that she wants to live in peace with her family, including Klaus." Elena tells us.

"She was supposed to be the weapon to help us kill Klaus." Stefan says pissed.

"Well, not anymore...at least not according to Elijah." I say.

"That coffin was the only thing stopping Klaus from tearing us to shreds."

"Anyone else feeling a little used right now?" Damon asks.

"Look, Elijah promised me that his family wouldn't hurt any of us. I believe him." Elena says but we stop talking when doorbell rings.

"Are we expecting anyone?" I ask confused, Elena shakes her head as if saying 'no' and heads to the door to check who it is.

"What is it?" Damon asks as we wait behind Elena. She hands me a box with envelope with my name on top of it and opens the envelope with her own name on it. I put the box on a table and open my own envelope.

"It's an invitation.'Please join the Mikaelson Family, this evening at seven o'clock. For dancing, cocktails and celebration.'" Elena reads out loud.

"Who the hell are the Mikaelsons?" Stefan asks confused.

"The Original Family." I state.

"It's not bad enough they're moving into town, now they want a housewarming gift?" Damon asks then turns to me. "What's in the box?" He asks curious. I shrug and open the box and inside of it I see beautiful red dress and a card on top of it. I pick the card up.

"Save me an dance. ~Klaus." I read out loud.

"Wait, there's a note on the back. 'Elena, I think it's time that we finally meet, Esther.'" Elena announces and then reads the message out loud.

"That's creepy." I comment.

Elena turns to me and asks. "Do you find it weird Klaus sent you a dress?"