Smells Like Teen Spirit 3x06

Elena insists that we should be trained by Alaric on how to defend ourselves even if I have magic for it. "Ana, come on. Get up!" Elena tells me as she shakes me awake.

"Elena, five more minutes and why do I have to get up so early?"

"Because we have to and we need this."

"No, you need this, I have magic."

"You don't have it all the time, now get up." She says and leaves. I get up and get ready knowing if I don't get up she will be back.

_______________________________________

Ric was less then happy to be up so early and I understand how he feels considering I feel the same way

Ric was less then happy to be up so early and I understand how he feels considering I feel the same way. Right now we are in the woods and Ric is showing us how to stake a vampire. He strikes and stabs a dummy in the heart. "So the pressure of your punch ejects the stakes."

"Easy enough."  Elena says.

"Really? It doesn't look easy. But if you think you can do it, go ahead." I say to Elena gesturing to the dummy. She tries to stake the dummy but the stakes stay in the sleeve.

"That's weird."

"You're right, it's totally easy." I say amused at her annoyed face.

She tries again but it doesn't work. "Must be jammed or something." She comments.

"You're not strong enough. Better start lifting some weights, put some meat on your bones." Ric tells her.

"Thanks for not sugar-coating it."

Ric then turns to me and says while handing me the weapon he previously took from Elena. "It's your turn, try to stake the dummy." I try and succeeded in stabbing the dummy in the heart.

"How?" Elena asks shocked.

"Cheerleading. I practice a lot for it." I explain. Ric takes something out of his bag and shows it to us.

"You know what this is?" He asks us.

"A vervain grenade. I've used one before." Elena says referring to that time she blow off Elijah's face.

"Then you know the element of surprise is your only advantage when it comes to a vampire." He pulls the pin out of a grenade and throws it in Elena's hands. "Surprise."

"Oh my god." Elena says and thinking fast I take grenade from her hands threw it in the air further away from us and the grenade explodes."This isn't a joke Ric." Elena says upset.

"You think I'm joking? Vampires will take whatever they want. They will hurt whoever they want. And they'll do it without remorse. It's their nature." Ric says.

"You don't have to use pronouns. You can say Stefan."

"Look, I get why you're here. Stefan hurt you. You don't want it to happen again."