The End of the Affair 3x03

Somehow I agreed to go with Damon and Elena to Chicago to get Stefan, also Tyler called me earlier and assured me that I don't have to worry about Care and that he will explain me everything later

Somehow I agreed to go with Damon and Elena to Chicago to get Stefan, also Tyler called me earlier and assured me that I don't have to worry about Care and that he will explain me everything later. Right now I am stuck in the car with Damon and Elena on the way to Chicago.

"I sure hope we find him, 'cause it would suck if the last memento of Stefan was that crappy old necklace." Damon comments.Elena touches her vervain necklace.

"It's an antique, Damon. Like you." I tease him from my spot i the back. Damon takes an old diary from the seat next to me in the back of the car.

"Read this. Paints a pretty little picture of Stefan's first experience in Chicago." Damon tells Elena.

"It's Stefan's diary. I'm not going to invade his private thoughts."Elena tells him.

"You need to be prepared for what you're about to see." Damon tries to warn her.

"I've seen Stefan in his darkest periods. I can handle it." He opens the diary and places it in front of the steering wheel.

"Here's one. March 12, 1922." He starts reading, changing his voice for dramatic affect. "'I've blacked out days. I wake up in strangers' blood. In places I don't recognize. With women I don't remember.'" Damon starts reading then looks at Elena. "Ahh! I'm shocked! Stefan's not a virgin?" Damon states dramatically and I roll my eyes at him. She takes the diary from his hands.

"Eyes on the road, grandma." Elena tells him.

"Fine. Back to my game. Tell me if you see a Florida plate." Damon says and Elena starts readsing the diary.

____________________________________

We arrive in Chicago and right now we are in walking through the halls of some apartment building.

"Stefan could live anywhere in Chicago and he chose this?" I ask not impressed by his choice for living place.

"There used to be an all-girls high school around the corner, but it shut down for attendance issues. Weird." Damon tells us hinting that Stefan killed students of the school that was here near by.

"If you're trying to scare me into giving up and going back, it's not going to work." Elena tells him. Damon puts his index finger to his lips in a motion to tell us to keep quiet. He breaks the lock and opens the door.

"Here we are. Stefan's second personality home." We enter and look around.

"He obviously hasn't been here." I tell him.

"Tour is not over yet." He goes toward a wall shelf panel next to the refrigerator, puts his hand to the edge of the panel and pulls. The panel swivels open to reveal a dark back room. Damon motions to it, walks inside, and pulls a light cord.

"Stefan hid his alcohol. What a monster." Elena says in a mocking tone.

"Look harder." Damon says and we get closer and see list of names, starting with Giuseppe Salvatore, John Beach, Randy Smith, Danah Leach, Terrilyn Henson, Catherine Marid, Matthew Wagner, Michael Reddinton, Christian David, Dianne Wagner, Ashley Holliday."It's a list of names." I say. Damon makes 'mm-hmm' sound in sign of confirmation.