The Dinner Party 2x15

In the morning I was woken by Jenna and she dragged me with her to historical tour around Mystic Falls with Elijah

In the morning I was woken by Jenna and she dragged me with her to historical tour around Mystic Falls with Elijah. "The old Fell property actually starts just beyond that fence." Jenna tells him as we walk through the woods for the tour.

"Ah, the Fells. One of the Founding Families." Elijah says it like it's something funny.

"Why do you say it like that?" I ask him curious.

"My research showed me that this area was actually settled almost two full centuries earlier. It was a migration of townsfolk from the northeast, um, it was Salem, to be precise." Yeah, right, research.

"Massachusetts? As in the witch trials?" Jenna asks intrigued.

"Which means the ever-lauded founding families...didn't actually found anything."

"Well, I bet it was the men who made a big deal about being founders back in 1860. Men are very territorial."

"Yes, they are." Elijah says as Alaric walks up to us.

"Elijah, this is my friend, Alaric Saltzman." Jenna introduced Alaric.

"Yeah, I got your message about walking Elijah here through the old property lines. I thought I would tag along. You know being a history buff and all. Where to next?" Alaric says trying to not sound like he's jealous which he totally is.

"I'm pretty curious about the freed slave property owners. Some say, you know, the descendants of the slaves are the true keepers of American history." Elijah says wanting Jenna to go away for a little while.

"Well, I only brought the surveys. I got that list in the car. Just give me a sec." Jenna says and walks back to her car, leaving the three of us alone together.

"Alaric Saltzman. So you're one of those people on Elena's list of loved ones to protect."

"So is Jenna." Alaric says.

"He won't hurt her." I tell him hoping he will stop whatever he's trying to achieve.

"You don't have to be jealous. I don't really pursue younger women. It's a joke, Ric, lighten up." Elijah tells him then jokes and pats him on the shoulder and walks away.

"Right." Alaric says and I chuckle at his face but stop when he shots me a look to stop.

_______________________________________

I went with Alaric to the grill to meet with Damon and his new blood bag-girlfriend. Elena is still on her romantic getaway with Stefan at our families lake-house. "Other than the lecture on the history of Mystic Falls, did you get anything out of Elijah?" Damon questions Alaric.

"No, it was boring. Of course, Jenna thinks he's charming." Alaric says clearly very and I mean very jealous.

"Someone's jealous." I tease Rick and he gives me a look.