Disturbing Behavior 3x04

I was walking downstairs to the kitchen when I heard Elena say

I was walking downstairs to the kitchen when I heard Elena say. "It's an old family recipe, okay?"

"Yeah! I know. I knew your old family. They made sucky chili." Damon said as I was entering the kitchen where I saw  Ric, Elena and Damon.

"I agree, that chili is awful." I say making my presence known.

"It's not, you two just don't have taste." Elena says trying to defend her cooking skills and family recipe.

"Why are you here, exactly?" Alaric asks Damon wanting to stop the argument before it began about chili.

"She knows." Damon says referring to Elena.

"He thinks I'm going to break. I'm not going to break. I am just going to keep making chili, pretend like I didn't just spend the entire summer looking for someone who didn't want to be found." Elena explains.

"She's in denial."

"I'm not in denial." Elena whispers but I still hear her.

"No?" Damon gets closer to her and touches her necklace. "You're still wearing this necklace. Isn't this the reminder of your unbreakable bond with Stefan?" Damon asks while Ric and I are watching. And to be honest even if I hate to admit they would make a cute couple.

"Hey, Lena." I say gaining Elena's attention. When I see I have her attention I ask her a question but not before discretely sneak glance at Ric. "Do you know where Jenna is?"

"She went to Lockwoods to help set everything up." Elena answers and I just nod.

_______________________________________

Later someone knocks on the door I go to open and Elena goes after me. I open the door and see Care holding a bowl of food in her hands.

"I come bearing gifts!" Caroline exclaims happily.

"Please say that's not chili..." I say honestly having enough of chili for today and maybe next thousand years. Care steps aside. Bonnie appears and comes in.

"Bonnie!" Elena says surprised.

"I'm back!" Bonnie says and we hug her.

"I leave town for the summer and everything goes to hell for the both of you." Bonnie says referring to Care and Lena considering I had a normal summer except helping Jenna adjust to the supernatural world and practicing magic. Jeremy comes down the stairs.

"Bonnie!" Jeremy says.

"Jeremy." They kiss and I look away not wanting to see one of my best friends and little brother practically making out.

____________________________________

"The problem with my dad's normal side of the family is normal made for a really boring summer." Bonnie says as she is telling us about her summer while we are in the kitchen.