Memorial 4x02

After what happened between Nik and me, I decided to give a relationship between the two of us, a shot. We agreed to keep it a secret. No one will know, except Jenna and Rebekah for now. Nik left town for a few days with a promise to come back soon.

After I came home after deciding to give a relationship with Nik a chance, I found out that Pastor Young blew up himself and the rest of the Council members in his house due to a faulty gas leak. Now, because of that the entire town is in mourning. Elena has started her vampire 101 lessons and she is being thought by Stefan. I tried telling her that she should be thought by someone who knows about control, like Jenna, Care or hell, even Damon, not by ex-ripper who has no idea what self control is. She ignored my warnings saying that Stefan is perfectly capable to teach her himself. Stefan decided it would be best to make her go on a bunny diet and he brought her to the woods to eat as many bunnies and squirrels as she can eat.

"Wait, so you can't keep the animal blood down?" I ask Elena in disbelief as we are getting ready for the funeral for the council.

"Maybe it has something to do with me being a doppelganger?"

"Katherine transitioned just fine, from what we know."

"Well, then maybe..."

"Elena there isn't anything special happening with you. There must be a reasonable explanation."

"What is the explanation?"

"I don't know, but maybe that's the problem. You shouldn't be feeding off of animals, you need human blood. You need fresh blood, or blood bag at least."

"You sound like Damon."

"I hate to say this, but he's right. You should have him or someone else teach you how to be a vampire, not an ex- ripper."

"Stefan thought Caroline." Elena points out.

"A much as I love Care, she was already a control freak. Once she knew what she needs to do, she could do it perfectly. I mean she only killed one guy and that was before she had any training."

"Stefan's way will work, I just need to be patient."

"If you say so."

"I do. I can't be a monster, a killer. I just can't." She says becoming upset.

"You won't. I promise."

________________________________________

Elena wanted to keep herself busy, so she volunteered the to of us to help set up the church for the funeral of Pastor Young and the rest of the  council

Elena wanted to keep herself busy, so she volunteered the to of us to help set up the church for the funeral of Pastor Young and the rest of the  council. As we are laying out memorial pamphlets on the rows of benches in the church,  Matt walks up to us. "How are you feeling?" Matt asks Elena. "A little strung out?" He hands us more pamphlets.

"I'm fine. It's just my emotions are all over the place. Everything's heightened. I mean, just the sight of all the names of the dead makes me want to cry for a week." Elena says.