The Last Day 2x20

A/N: Happy thanksgiving to everyone who celebrates it

We all got up early to go over our plan for the sacrifice, well everyone if you don't count Damon. "Tonight is the full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse." Elijah spoke.

"Elena said that the Sun and the Moon curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus."  Stefan asks for conformation trying to catch up.

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it..." Elijah start saying.

"He'll be a true hybrid." I finish for Elijah right when Damon joins us.

"Then why are we letting him break the curse?" Damon asks joining the conversation.

"Because he will kill us." I tell him

"We can kill him today. With Bonnie."  Damon suggests

"Damon..." Stefan says.

"No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying."  Elena said.

"I'll write her a great eulogy." Damon replied and I rolled my eyes at his lack of sympathy.

"This is exactly why Bonnie hates you." I tell him.

"It's not an option, Damon." Elena yells.

"All right, how do we break this curse?" Stefan asks hoping to change the subject.

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know." Elijah explains.

"The moonstone." Stefan says.

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. A Blackthorn spills a few drops of it's blood on the moonstone, after that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each."

"And where do I fit into it?" Elena asks.

"The final part of the ritual." Elijah takes a wooden box from the shelf. "Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger...to the point of your death." Elijah says to Elena. Damon looks at Elena. Stefan takes Elena's hand. She looks at him. He opens the box and takes a jar from it.

"And that's where you come in." Elena says.

"This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation." Elijah says.

"So I'll be dead?"

"And then you won't."

"That's your plan? A magical witch potion with no expiration date?" Damon says as he looks at Elena.

"You want to come back to life, what about John's ring?"

"Those rings only work on humans. The doppelgänger's a supernatural occurrence. Odds are, the ring won't work.  Plus those elixirs don't have expiration date." I say.