Know Thy Enemy 2x17

Last night Isobel showed up at our house and announced to Jenna that she is alive and that she is Elena's mother and then left

Last night Isobel showed up at our house and announced to Jenna that she is alive and that she is Elena's mother and then left. And on top of it all Matt found out Caroline is a vampire.

"I can't find him anywhere. He's not at home. He's not answering his phone," Caroline informed me as we are talking on the phone.

"How could you let him go?" I complained as Damon drove Bonnie, Jeremy and me .

"My mom walked in. He took off. I didn't know what to do," Caroline explained.

"Did your mom hear anything?" I wondered.

"No. She just thinks we're fighting but he knows about me, and he's freaking out about Vicki," Caroline warned.

"All right. Listen. You have to find him. You have to calm him down. Compel him if you have to," I tell her. "Isn't he still on vervain?" I ask him.

"I slip it into his soda when he's at work, but I didn't get to last night, so it's out of his system. He has a catering shift at the Lockwood's today. I'd try there," I hanged up and finished the call.

I unlock the door of the Martin's apartment. Damon puts his foot over the threshold experimentally.

"Yep. Everybody's dead." He said walking in and I roll my eyes walking in with Jeremy and Bonnie. We see Luka's corpse in the living room.

"We should pack up the grimoires. They spent years collecting them. I wanna make sure they're safe." I insisted stepping respectfully with Bonnie around Luka's corpse.

"You know, we could just get another match and cremate him." Damon suggested looking at Luka's corpse.

"Don't be disrespectful." I warned him.

"Not to him." Bonnie adds.

"Fine. I'll bury him." Damon conceded.

"What exactly are we looking for?" Jeremy wondered as Bonnie and I were looking through couple grimoires.

"According to Luka's dad, one of these contains a spell that'll let me harness the energy that's left behind when a witch dies violently." Bonnie explained to them as I was looking through some grimoires on top of a chair reading some spells.

"I didn't know you and father witch were so close." Damon mocked as he was wrapping Luka's body in a rug.

"They weren't but when he gave her, her powers back, he gave her a message. If we can find the spot in town, where the old Salem witches were burned, she can harness their energy to use when we need it. And maybe we will find here a way for Elena to come back after the ritual, if we have to go through with it which hopefully we won't."

"Great. We'll have to put that on our list of things to do today. Harness ancient dead-witch power and find a way for Elena to live after the ritual."

"You know where the witches were burned?" Bonnie asked shocked.