The Village

"Well, fuck. Suddenly I wonder if this is how my mother felt with me," she looked up to Severus as she held Charlotte. "You shower first, then myself. We can discuss this over breakfast when your boyfriend gets back," Severus teased her. "More like your boyfriend. I don't get to make any decisions," Y/N huffed as she offered the baby to him.

"Why are you already upset with me? I didn't give Stevie her abilities," Severus looked at her with his eyebrows knitted together.

"I'm sorry. My mind is reeling right now," she admitted. "I suggest you pull yourself together, Princess," Severus told her as he walked out of the bathroom with the twin babies.

"Sorry, Daddy," she offered as she got into the shower. When she got out of the shower, Severus and Lucius were already in the kitchen talking when she came out in a towel. "That was fast," Y/N remarked before walking back into their bedroom to get dressed.

"Uh good morning, Princess," Lucius glared at her as she walked out of the room sassily. "Good morning, Lucius," she replied from the bedroom.

The two men followed her to the bedroom and placed the squirmy babies on the carpet while Y/N was getting dressed. "Do you need a draught or something, Princess? Before you take this attitude of yours too far," Severus offered as he walked to the shower.

"DId you two already decide what should be done? I assume that's what you two were gossiping about privately," Y/N huffed as she got dressed. Severus came back a second later with a potion bottle and her tablet.

She took the medicines without a fuss and replied, "Thank you. I did need this because I was about to run my mouth some more," she admitted cheekily.

"I'm aware. We don't have time to deal with your mouth today. You are going to be a good girl and not cause extra problems when we go to the cabin later," Severus told her before walking to take his own shower finally.

"I'm a bad girl this morning Daddy," she grinned at Lucius. "Your Daddy is in the shower. I'm Lucius, remember," he glared at her before walking back to the kitchen. A moment later, Y/N walked out dressed from the bedroom holding two big chunky girls.

"Can you help me? Please, Daddy," she asked Lucius as he sat on the sofa reading the Daily Prophet. He grinned at her and placed the paper down, holding his arms to see which girl wanted him.

He had been chosen by Miss Charlotte this morning. "She reaches for you now," Y/N grinned at him.

"They both reached for me, you must have missed it," he grinned back as he took Charlotte. The two put them into their highchairs for breakfast. "Thank you for picking up breakfast for us, I appreciate it," Y/N told him as they buckled the girls in.

"I haven't had a good morning kiss," Lucius grinned down at her. "You'll have to learn to take what you want," she remarked as she started walking away playfully.

Lucius grabbed her hand before she got too far and pulled her back. He took his good morning kiss forcibly, wrapping his arms around her. "I love you," she whispered after they pulled from their kiss. "I love you too, little bird," he whispered back before they broke apart.

"You look beautiful today by the way," he grinned at her. "Thank you," she smiled at him as they sat down at the table. "I got the girls a plain omelet. I wasn't sure what they could eat but I figured that would be fine," Lucius remarked.

"That was a perfect choice. Can you put it up into small pieces so they can pick it up? I'll make our tea," Y/N remarked as she went over to the kettle to start it. "Of course, Princess," he replied.

"Daddy, do we have time to adjust my attitude this morning or not?" she asked Severus as he walked into the kitchen dressed for the day. "I'm sure we could find a moment to do so," he replied as he walked past her.

"I'm going to go with Pansy to the village for a couple, in disguise of course," Severus remarked as he sat down at the breakfast table. "I see you have made up your mind without consulting with the rest of us," Y/N complained with her back to him as she made tea.

"Lucius and I discussed it a few moments ago," Severus remarked as he sat down at the table. Y/N brought over their tea, sitting them in front of each person. "Why am I never a part of these discussions? It's always you two talking privately about everything and it's driving me insane," Y/N remarked as she sat down.

"Lucius and I have much more experience dealing with these sorts of unsavory wizards," Severus remarked with a sigh. "Well, you two just do what you want, I guess. I'll stay here with the girls," she replied as she started eating her breakfast.

"You aren't going to Alastair's now?" Severus asked her. Both of the men were giving her a death stare. "What's the point? You two have already made your minds up. I'll stay here and watch the girls," she replied curtly.

"You are on my last nerve already today, Princess," Severus replied. "How about instead of just staking the place out we let Pansy apprehend them? Why don't I go to the front door, you two go in the back. It's me they want, they will be distracted," Y/N suggested.

Both of the men rolled their eyes and huffed at her plan. "It's too dangerous for us to both be there. The girls need one of us to not be in harm's way," Severus sighed. "I'm faster than you. Let me go," she told him.

"You're not faster than me," Severus spat. Y/N stood from her chair leaning over the table, "Want to bet?" she asked him. "You don't even have your wand," Severus growled as he stood leaning over the table. "I don't need my wand, you're aware of that," she hissed back at him as they stood leaning over the table staring at him.

"What are you two going on about?" Lucius questioned them with a look of confusion. "Princess believes since her wandless magic is stronger than mine it makes her a more formidable opponent," Severus remarked as he sat back in his chair staring at her.

"If only my water magic were stronger, I could take the whole place down," she sighed as she sat back in her chair. "Do not ask," Severus sighed in annoyance.

"Lucius, would you like to run down to the loch with me after breakfast? I'd love to show you. Apparently, Stevie can show you as well," she smiled over at the cute baby who was eating pieces of omelet.

"We don't have time to worry about your water magic today. We need to discuss what can be done now," Severus replied in a huff.

"I'm done worrying about these people and living in fear. They want to take my children and harm them. I'm going to the village," Y/N told them blankly. "No one is going to harm them," Severus replied.

"I can use a glamor spell on myself, they won't even have to know it is me. I could act as if I were lost, needing directions or something. I'm sure they would kindly welcome a young woman in," she grinned at the men.

"Cillian is there. He may recognize you even with the glamor spell," Severus rolled his eyes. "Fine, tell me your plan. To go stake out the village and not do a thing. Hardly a plan," she remarked.

"You don't quite understand how dangerous these people are," Lucius glared at her. "Perhaps not, but I do understand men. I can absolutely get myself in their safe house without much fuss," she remarked.

"We need to speak to Van Doren and Pansy before we make any decisions. The two may have information which would be helpful. If we could know the layout of the house, how many men are there, and so on," Lucius replied. "Finally, a good idea from one of you. I agree with that," Y/N remarked.

"She only talks like this when the girls are present. She's aware I cannot properly punish her in front of them," Severus stared at her down.

"I'm about done with you two thinking you make all of the decisions. I should be able to have a voice in this discussion. I'm just as much of an adult as you two," Y/N replied with crossed arms.

"Then collect yourself and come to the cabin to have a discussion as an adult. Raising your voice at Lucius and I isn't doing you any favors," Severus told her with a death stare. "I returned the exact same tone I was given," Y/N stared back.

"I'm ready to walk down to the loch any time you are, little bird," Lucius grinned mischievously.