A Dream Within a Dream, Within a Dream Part 3

Severus looked as if he were starting to seethe at her refusal. "Perhaps I should take the girls home," Lucius suggested. "Don't you dare," Y/N glared at both of them as her grip on the toddlers tightened.

"How can we possibly help you if you don't tell us where you are going when you leave your body? Or was it a dream? I don't even know anymore," Severus grumbled angrily.

"I honestly don't remember much except for one thing. I think I was in the bathroom of a Slytherin dorm room. It was older, I think. I cannot remember exactly. I reached out for the doorknob. I remember feeling trapped, as if an animal were on the other side of the door," she admitted.

"Voldemort?" Severus whispered softly. "A person I cannot visualize correctly for some reason. It felt like a very angry person on the other side of the door. I could hear heavy pacing footsteps," she admitted.

"Footsteps like yours when you're really upset, but it wasn't you. I keep hearing them in my brain. The dress shoes on the stone dungeon floor, pacing, shifting. I could feel the irritation radiating from the sound," added. "Do you know why you were in the bathroom to begin with?" Severus asked curiously.

"I cannot. Please, I'm so tired. I just want to cuddle these two before they leave me," she begged. "What would you like for us to bring you tomorrow?" Lucius asked softly.

"Books, my Walkman, my sketching pad and charcoal pencils. I need some fresh pajamas. Toiletries. A deck of cards. I would write all this down for you, but I have my hands full. Oh, and some terribly unhealthy snacks," she smiled between the men.

"What are you thinking right now?" Severus asked her curiously. "I was thinking about these two bottle traitors. I know it sounds insignificant, but I am sad about not getting to nurse them any longer," she sighed.

"I'm glad you two were able to transition them to bottles for your own sanity. It just.. I feel a little robbed," she admitted.

"You're allowed to feel sad about it. There will be more babies, I promise," he grinned. Lucius brought over two big bottles for the girls, each of them grabbing for them greedily. "They don't need us to hold it, do they?" Y/N frowned as she watched the girls drink their bottles.

"They won't let anyone hold it for them. Recently, they started using little open cups at dinner time," Severus replied. "Aww. I literally missed everything. Christmas," she frowned.

"We have pictures at home. You will hear all about it. I need to get these two home before they fall asleep in this bed," Severus sighed.

"You are both going home, right? I don't need anyone to stay here tonight. I'll be fine," she questioned. "Are you sure? I don't mind," Lucius frowned.

"I think everyone needs to rest tonight. Lucius Malfoy sleeping on a hospital cot. I cannot allow it," she smiled at them both. "Very well. I think they will be in, in a few minutes to restrain you again. Just for right now," Lucius sighed.

"I understand. I love all of you," she replied sleepily. Both of the men gave her a good night kiss before picking up an almost sleeping toddler and disapparating home for the night. Once she was alone, she took off her hospital gown completely off to inspect her body.

Her eyes scanned her frail hairy legs. It looked as though they had been shaved at some point but not within the last several days. All of her nails had been finely manicured while she was asleep.

Something caught her attention; both of her knees were scraped up as if she had fallen hard on a stone floor. It was the sort of skinned knee one would suffer tripping on their way to class in the mornings.

Before anyone came in, she cast a camouflaging charm on her knees with her wandless magic. Whatever had happened to her while she was asleep, seemed unpleasant. She was positive she didn't wish to be grilled about it any further.

There was a knock on her door softly, "Hello, just me Dr. Humphries," the voice announced. Quickly, Y/N threw her white hospital blanket back on her.

"Come in," she said. "I am so sorry. I am completely naked under this blanket. I took my gown off to see how gross my body was now," she admitted with embarrassment pulling the blanket up to her chest.

"Your night nurse can help you put a fresh gown on when I leave. I just wanted to see how you were doing. You had quite the episode earlier," the handsome doctor remarked as he walked over. He sat on the edge of her bed, taking out his pen light.

"I need to check again," he informed her as he turned it on. The light was so bright it was making her tired eyes fill with tears. "Sorry I'm very tired," Y/N apologized as her eyes kept closing.

"It's fine. You need to get some sleep tonight. We'll put a dreamless sleep potion in your fluids. I saw you ate part of your dinner. That is good news," he smiled softly. The man had an amazing bedside manner, making you feel warm and cared for.

"I think my legs are waking up a little. Still pretty numb though," Y/N replied casually. "Hopefully tomorrow you can take a few steps. We are going to have a physical therapist come around to assess your ability to get out of the bed. You underwent quite a bit of muscle loss on your frame," he remarked.

"I feel very weak and frail honestly. I was in quite good shape before this happened," she sighed. "I agree. You were in fantastic shape," the man replied with a quick little grin.

Y/N blushed a little, "Well thank you. Hopefully, I'll be able to walk in the morning. Could the nurse possibly help me put a gown on? I'm getting quite sleepy," she replied.

"Of course. I'll send her in. I will be by in the morning to check on you after breakfast," he smiled softly before getting up and excusing him. A moment later, the nurse came in and redressed Y/N.

"I'm sorry, I have to do this before I start your sleep potion," the nurse sighed as she opened up the leather cuff for Y/N. "I understand," Y/N replied as she allowed herself to be bound to the bed again.

"I'm putting the call button right here beside your hand in case you need something," the woman replied. The woman tucked Y/N in, turned the dreamless sleep potion drip on and darkened the room for the night on the way out.

The last thing Y/N remembered was the door closing for the night.