You Don't Own Me

"Huh?" Y/N asked from the bedroom. Severus sighed, folding his Daily Prophet and sitting it the side. He followed her to speak while the two love birds were changing.

"We need the passphrase to the diary. I believe we can destroy the connection with a basilisk fang," Severus announced as he stood in the bedroom while the two got dressed. "I don't know the passphrase," she replied with her brows knitted together.

"I believe it's something he said to you. We just need to jog your memory a bit," Severus replied blankly. "My beautiful diary," she frowned as she walked over taking the leather-bound book from Severus' hand.

"I can get you a new one," Lucius offered softly. "Can I tell you about my dress?" she asked hopefully to the tall raven-haired man. "Go on," Severus grinned down at her as if he had been waiting.

"It's like a smoky dark blue color, fitted bodice. It's sort of flows out on the bottom. I just realized I don't know how to describe it properly. It's beautiful. I will say that" she grinned up at him excitedly.

"She'll be the most exquisite woman there without a doubt. The dress is being altered right now. I'll pick it up in the afternoon before the ball," Lucius interjected.

Severus looked at her curiously taking her face in his large hand, moving it to the side. "You two did have fun indeed. There are finger marks on your neck," he grinned between the two.

"I was wrong about Lucius. He can, without a doubt, put me in my place," she smiled up at Severus when he released his grasp on her. "Well, isn't that thrilling to hear," the raven-haired man smirked down at her before his eyes cut back to Lucius.

Y/N took the diary from Severus' hands, whispering to it, "You will find I can be very persuasive," she said as it popped open. "Predictable," she replied as she handed it back to Severus.

"Two can keep a secret, if one of them is dead," she whispered to herself. "Excuse me?" Severus looked at her with a glare.

"Better lock it in your pocket, taking this one to the grave," she replied. "How cryptic, Princess," Severus studied her face. He flipped through the leather-bound diary, revealing blank pages. Y/N held out her hand to take the book back.

"Two can keep a secret, if one of them is dead. Better lock it on your pocket, taking this one to the grave," she whispered the incantation to the book revealing some sort of cryptic language written inside. "A code of some sort?" she asked curiously as the letters appeared in red flames on the pages.

"How did you know what the incantation was?" Severus asked her curiously. "We are not as separate as you may believe," she replied blankly.

"Do either of you know someone who is proficient at code breaking?" Lucius asked with confusion as he looked over Y/N's shoulder at the jumbled words and symbols.

"My first thought is Hermione Granger," Y/N admitted. "Do you take pride in being an insufferable know it all?" Y/N said in her best Severus Snape voice before bursting into laughter. She used the book to cover her laughter briefly before scowling at it.

"Sometimes I forget you were there in the background, every time I was coarse to those three," Severus grinned at her. "Coarse is a very nice way of putting it. I would say you were more of an utter.." she teased playfully.

Severus moved closer, hovering over her, using his physical presence against her. "Finish your thought," he replied blankly. "You were a big terrifying, angry, meany pants," she grinned as she booped his beautiful nose.

"How can I argue with that? Are you going to assist me with lunch?" the man smiled softly down at her before turning on his heels and walking to the kitchen. "Yes, Professor, I'd love to assist you in the demonstration," she chuckled as she followed him.

"Lucius you will find she quite enjoys role playing. She loves to pretend she's my student again," Severus chuckled as they walked into the kitchen. "A shame she isn't wearing the uniform," Lucius grinned at her.

"I had one until someone ruined it," she glared at Severus. He brought over various ingredients for her to cut up. "Is this new? It looks very sharp," she inspected the shiny chef's knife. "Yes, please, be careful," Severus warned her.

"I just had the most horrific thought of slicing the end of my tongue, so it looks like a snakes," she admitted as she admired the sharp edge

"I just had the most horrific thought of slicing the end of my tongue, so it looks like a snakes," she admitted as she admired the sharp edge. "How gruesome," Lucius recoiled in horror. "I wonder whose voice that was," she admitted quietly with swirling green eyes.

"Perhaps Lucius should assist me today," Severus offered hesitantly. "No, I'll do it. Just thinking aloud," she replied as she started cutting up the vegetables. "I think we will camouflage my tattoos tomorrow for the ball. I don't think I need the extra attention," she admitted.

"I warned her about how handsy old rich wizards can be. I can see them being very taken by our Princess," Lucius remarked. "I trust you will keep an eye on her," Severus turned around with a raised eyebrow.

"I don't need a chaperon. After all, Lucius isn't even my date. I am simply a guest, a friend of the family," she replied with a sharp tongue. "Hardly the time and place for him to announce your relationship," Severus interrupted.

"It's no one's business in the first place," Lucius replied with a glare from across the kitchen island. A little grin formed on her lips, "Well, don't be irritated when your guest, a family friend, dances with every young man who approaches her," she replied.

"I hope you enjoy having a taste of your own medicine," Lucius glared back at her with an expressionless stare. "Why do I feel as if you both need a chaperon?" Severus asked as he started cooking the food.

"I'll be on my best behavior," she replied as she walked past Lucius to the living room. She flipped through her records until she found the one she wanted. Carefully she placed it on the turntable and softly put the needle on the spinning vinyl record.

"You are going to love this," Severus grinned at Lucius.

You don't own me

I'm not just one of your many toys

You don't own me

Don't say I can't go with other boys

"You Don't Own Me" by Lesley Gore

Y/N was sat in her favorite orange chair mouthing the words playfully at the men. Lucius turned to Severus saying, "You encourage her bad behavior," with a look of disapproval. "You heard the woman, we don't own her," Severus teased.