Secret Keeper

It was early the next morning when Y/N heard a familiar voice arguing with her nurse in the hallway. The door opened, revealing a familiar face. The older woman's hand went to the light switch, turning it on dimly. "I would greet you, but I'm incapacitated," Y/N told the older woman with a sleepy grin.

"I wanted to come yesterday, but I knew you were overwhelmed. We have things we need to talk about," grandmother remarked as she came over, undoing the straps on Y/N's list. "I love you too grandmother," Y/N chuckled softly.

"I love you. You have no idea how glad we are that you woke up. That being said, where were you? In your head?" she asked in a sort of accusing tone.

"It's terribly early for this type of inquest. Don't you think? I haven't even had a cup of tea or brushed my teeth yet," Y/N said sleepily as she lay back in the bed rubbing her eyes. "Was he there? You know very well who I'm talking about," grandmother hissed accusingly.

"You act as if I asked for this, like I'm chasing him. You know very well this isn't my fault," Y/N spat back at her grandmother. "You refuse to tell us where you're going when you're projecting yourself," the older woman huffed.

"How would you know what happened last night?" Y/N glared at her with a raised eyebrow. "I talked to your husbands, of course," grandmother told her blankly "My husbands. Interesting. I'd love to hear what was said about me, or perhaps I wouldn't," Y/N grinned definitely at her.

"You have to tell us what is going on with you or we cannot possibly help you. Why are you being so difficult about this?" grandmother scowled at her. "I'm a difficult person I suppose. Perhaps, some things are my business. Everyone else gets to keep secrets, why can't I?" Y/N smiled at her dismissively.

"Would it be possible to get my toothbrush and cup from the bathroom? They make it rather difficult for me to do things on my own here," Y/N asked hopefully. "You're being purposely defiant," grandmother glared at her before retrieving the requested items and bringing them back.

"Defiant. I'm a grown woman," Y/N laughed to herself. "Thank you," Y/N replied as she reached for the items. "Tell me," Grandmother demanded before she released the items to Y/N.

Y/N laughed heartily. "We are not going to do this. They threatened to take the girls away from me last night. If you want to play a game, I can play as well. I will make this as difficult as humanly possible for absolutely no reason other than to amuse myself. I will become absolutely unpleasant," Y/N smiled at her.

"This is your brain injury speaking right now. I can only imagine that is what has gotten into you," grandmother huffed back at her as the door to the room opened. It was Severus coming to see her for the morning.

"Are the girls still asleep?" Y/N asked with a sad face. "They are waking up. Lucius is making their breakfast and getting them ready. I was thinking I could help bathe you. I know you feel disgusting in that bed," Severus smiled as he walked into the tense room. "Were you two arguing?" he added as he looked between the two.

"She refuses to cooperate," Penny scowled at Y/N. "I'm done being threatened. I have been compliant. I ate the gross food, I let myself be strapped to a bed. I cannot imagine what else I could do to please you three," Y/N huffed with crossed arms from the bed.

"Just tell us where you're projecting to," Severus asked softly. "I have no more information on the subject," Y/N remarked blankly. "Was it Tom? Severus said you saw yourself in a Slytherin dorm bathroom. Why were you there in the first place?" Penny asked accusingly.