Wildfire

"It would be lovely if you could express your feelings to me since I cannot currently hear your thoughts," Severus remarked as he sat on the edge of the bed. Y/N was in the closet rifling through her clothes, looking for something to wear to lunch with her friend.

"I'm a stupid little bitch looking for something to wear that doesn't make me look ugly," she spat from the closet. "Anxious, I see," Severus remarked from the bedroom.

"I hurt my friend's feelings and now I have to go eat crow. How do you and Lucius handle your disagreements?" she came out with a few different options to look over, laying each of them on the bed.

"We don't have disagreements," the man replied. "Is that code for ignoring the situation?" she asked cheekily. "We're both very calculated men if you haven't noticed. We tend to say what we mean and stand by that," Severus replied as she watched her decide on an outfit.

"I wish I could take the girls with me. I know she would love to see them, and it would be an ice breaker," Y/N remarked as she finally started getting dressed. "Are you attempting to use our children as a peace offering?" Severus asked her cheekily.

"Absolutely," she grinned. "I shall get them dressed for an outing then," he smiled at her as he went to retrieve the girls' outfits. "You're the best. I've always said that" she remarked playfully.

"Are we sure about this particular outfit?" Severus grinned when he walked back into their bedroom. "Does my ass look too fat in this?" she chuckled playfully.

"No. It looks good enough to eat, quite frankly. Do you think this is an appropriate outfit for the Ministry?" he asked her hesitantly.

"I know for a fact, Pansy wears scandalous outfits to work. I'm wearing a top and jeans," she remarked. "Merlin, help me," Severus whispered to himself as he watched his wife walk away.

"I'm going to take a couple of bottles, just in case. I would prefer they not devour me in public but who knows how this is going to go. They are rather persistent with their demands," she replied from the kitchen as she readied the diaper bag. "Don't forget your gift for Lucius," Severus reminded her.

"I already had," she admitted as she went to retrieve the little green box tied with a ribbon. "Do you think he will think it childish?" she asked Severus. "I think he'll enjoy that you made it just for him," the man replied as he walked out holding two chunky baby girls.

"The most beautiful girls in the whole world. Are we ready to go see Aunt Pansy? Do you think she still loves your mama?" she asked the girls playfully. "No, she thinks you're a stupid little," Y/N covered her mouth and acted as if the girls were replying.

"I see that phrase has stuck with you. Can you blame her?" Severus asked with a serious face. "I blame no one but myself. Completely, totally, incessantly," she remarked with a grin.

"I would say you could play with your Daddy when you go to drop off his gift, but you decided to take the girls with you," Severus teased her. "Were you really going to say that or a tease?" she asked him.

"Yes, I was going to let you. I know you miss him," he replied as the two buckled the girls into their pram. "I shall give him a kiss and the promise of another day," she teased.

"Enjoy yourself, Princess. I've got quite the task ahead of me. Today is bath day for Sam," he replied as he looked down at the huge black rabbit at their feet.

"I'm thrilled to be missing that. Run, girlfriend, he's coming after you," she teased the rabbit. "Would you like me to bring you a treat back?" she grinned. "Surprise me," he replied with a soft smile.