Thor X Reader: As Long As I Am With You

You knew this was coming. Even before you two had started dating, you knew he did not belong here though he tried to fit in and accustom himself with the traditions and ways of Earth. When he had told you how felt towards you, you were beyond shock. You can still remember it as if it was yesterday.

Seven months ago:

You were chilling in your apartment, watching your favorite television show, in your pajamas though it was well pass morning. You were so glad that you had finally gotten the day off from your job. Sure, you were sick but hey a day off is a day off. You were not complaining. You were blowing your nose when you heard a knock on your door.

You shouted, "It's open." You turned around to see Thor at your doorstep with a plastic bag in hand. Ever since Jane had broken up with him a few months ago, you were always there for him for anything he needed. From comforting him to helping him to understand technology, it was through you that Thor was finally feeling like his old self. It was actually during the time where you were teaching him about the iPhone that you realized that you had fallen for this man. You always did your best to hide your feelings for him as you doubted he felt anything but friendship between the two of you.

Thor closed the door and asked as he walked over to you. "I have heard that you were ill. How do fare?" He sat down beside you on the couch, taking out all the cans of soup, medicine, tissue boxes and Poptarts boxes (though you suspected they were for him). "I have brought some items to help you with your recovery."

Your heart swelled at his consideration. "Aw, Thor this is very sweet of you, but I have been feeling better than this morning."

"Oh." That was all he had said. He was paying an awful lot of attention to his feet as if he was in deep thought about something. Last time he was like this, the demigod was thinking of his recently decreased mother, which led to her hug him in comfort. You knew whatever he was thinking that it was serious. You asked gently, touching his arm gently. "Thor, are you okay?"

Then all the sudden, you were laying on your back as Thor kissed you. It was not like how you though it was going to be. He was so soft and gentle with her yet so passionate. You closed your eyes and relax as you kissed him back. It was a good few minutes before you gasped for air. You both broke apart, realizing what had just happened moments ago.

Thor started, "Lady (Y/N), I know you have only sought friendship with me, which I am extremely grateful for for I would not know where I would be without you. It was during my dark days of losing Jane that I realized my feelings for you. I have fallen in love with you, my fair (Y/N). With your beautiful (y/e/c) eyes, lovely (y/h/l) (y/h/c) hair, your lovely personality...you are perfection itself. I know I am not worth of your affections-"

You stopped him with a kiss. "I love you too, Thor. If anything, I am not worth of your affections."

He cupped your cheek, looking down at you with his eyes screaming of love. "You are worth far more than me," He peck your lips.

Back to present time:

You were so happy with Thor in that moment you had completely forgotten of his duties in Asgard. He would always assure you that he will never leave you, but you only nodded your head half-heartedly. Then you discovered only a few hours ago that he was needed to help his father on the battlefield. You had overheard him discussing this with his fellow Avengers. You ran away when Thor realized you were listening in. Now you were back in your bedroom, crying your eyes out at the thought of the man you love being worlds away.

You were so consumed by your tears that you did not hear your boyfriend walk in and sit on the bed. Only when did he start stroking your hair soothingly you realized he was here. You sat up slowly from your position and wiped your tears away. You both sat in silence until Thor said, "I know you overheard me talking to the others. I want you to know that I will still keep my word with you."

Your eyes widened in disbelief. You stuttered. "Thor...you cannn't. Your father he needs you. Asgard...needs you."

He lifted up your crestfallen face. "I am asking you if you are willing to come with me."

If your eyes were not wide before, they were now. "What?"

"My love, I cannot neglect my duties back on Asgard, but I cannot and will not neglect my duty to you. You are my world, my love, my life. My father understood that and told me I could bring you back to Asgard until I am done there. Do not fret, I will not leave you alone. I will visit and stay with you as much as I can before and after a battle. What do you say?"

Your eyes were filled with so much joy that it spilled from your eyes. "Thor, as long as I am with you, it does not matter where we are. Of course, I will go with you."

You both kissed one more time before you started preparing for your trip to Asgard.

..........................................................................................................................................................................

A/N: Thanks for reading! Ifyou want me to put you with a certain Avenger, hit me up and let me know. In fact, my best friend in the entire planet wants me to write her a one-shot with a certain ex-villain we all love :)

I'll see you guys later!