Loki X Reader: Stronger than Magic

Looking at the starry evening sky from inside, you were waiting for your best friend and teacher in hopes that maybe you would finally have the courage to tell him the truth.

Though your mother wanted you to focus on being the proper lady, you often ran away from her to go to your secret hideout in the library. You found your solace in the written word. It was the one place where you felt that you were finally accepted.

You were never like your siblings who wanted to bring glory and fame for the family name by means of their beauty, strengths and vanities. Your sisters were too vain for your tastes and had scored advantageous marriages to bring them closer to the throne. Your brothers were great warriors on and off the field, demonstrating how egotistical and ridiculous they were.

You could not care less about what your status was in court. You just wanted to be happy. You wanted to learn and discover new things.

Recently you loved reading books on magic. You found an interest in its history and its uses. How is it that no one admired this amazing skill in Asgard?

One day you had tried to do one of the spells. It was a simple levitation spell. It was hard at first since it would not work or the book would fall without you making it so. Then after the tenth time, it finally worked.

You were so happy that you can do magic that you did not notice another person's presence until they clapped slowly. You dropped the book quickly and turned around slowly, worried that it was one of your family members ready to blow up on you for not doing something "practical" or "useful".

It was none of them. It was Prince Loki.

He was leaning against one of the shelves with a raised eyebrow, watching you with slight interest.

You stammered a bit as you curtsied. "Your Royal Highness, I am sooo sorry-"

You stopped when he made you look into his beautiful green eyes, making your insides swoon. He asked you, "Why are you sorry, m'lady?"

You blushed at that. "Um, well I would not have come to the library if I knew I would disturbed you."

His eyes looked at the spell book beside you and back at you. "I do not mind the company," He responded as he let go of you, secretly wanting to feel your skin again. He went over to your book and looked through it. "What I find interesting is that a woman fair as yourself would have an interest in magic. Was this your first attempt at the arts?"

You nodded meekly, your blush growing. You were not used to being the center of the attention.

Loki analyzed you for a few moments before he spoke again. "Meet me here tomorrow at noon."

From that moment on, Loki has been teaching you magic.

There were many times you had messed up in which you were embarrassed, but Loki was always supportive and reassured you that it was natural to fail at first. He had even told you some of his failure stories.

It was those moments you saw a different side of Loki. Sure he was still mischievous (some of your lessons involved pranks on some people at court which you both enjoyed immensely) and very sarcastic/sassy, but he was also very sweet and caring.

He was a very patient teacher, encouraging and praising you every step of the way. Every time you succeeded, Loki gave you a special gift that was incredibly thoughtful and rewarded you with a nice dinner along a nice stroll in the gardens.

This happened very often. It felt like you two were courting but then again you knew that Loki would never see you as that. There were so many eligible women at court who were far more beautiful than you. Let's not even talk about other visiting noble women who visited from the other realms.