Steve X Reader: A Thousand Years Requested by @Blake4560

A/N: Hello again readers! It was hard to pick which I wanted to do next since you all gave me such good ideas. As you can tell by the title, I chose my best friend's request. She has been very supportive of this collection of one-shots and made requests in the past as you can see in my other one-shots. (If you have not read them, you should check it out!) Plus she was the only one out of all the requests who suggested a song for me. So I am going with it!

As much as I hate Twilight (don't throw stones at me), I happen to love the song as well as Christina Perri. Plus I love the Piano Guys' version of the song (the link is above). So Blake4560 this one is for you, girlie! :)

Also if you guys can really please look at A Crow's Heart for me, that would be awesome. I edited a few things and instead of one chapter (I did not realize how long it was), it is going to be made of four parts (one the original story; others extended version). Plus I would love for someone to actually do a nice cover/artwork for that story. So if you are interested, please let me know.

Anyways, grab some popcorn and enjoy!

.......................................................................................................................................................................

Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave?
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall? 

Once again you were invited to some party your friend made you go to. You wore (y/f/c) dress that was flattery yet modesty at the same time. Your friend had ditched you as soon as you arrived, which left you in your current position standing in a corner. You watched from the sidelines, seeing everyone having a good time. Then all the sudden, your (y/e/c) clashed with the most striking blue eyes you had ever seen. Your heart immediately goes faster at the sight of this complete stranger.

In that moment you two had formed a connection. His eyes spoke of promises and assurances that made you completely froze up. You had had your fair share with guys who all told you those same promises and failed you each time. You have been hurt some many times in the past you were afraid of more pain. Though in this man's eyes it spoke of a guarantee. That he would never hurt you.

You were scared of falling in love with this man who seemed too good to be true. You were scared of what would happen if he did hurt you.

But watching you stand alone,
All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow.
One step closer 

You noticed how this handsome attractive man was shy and standing alone in the midst of the crowd. He seemed just as nervous as you were, but he had so much hope in his eyes looking at you. It was the hope, admiration, respect and something else in his eyes that took away your doubt. There was something about him that put you at ease. There was no longer any hesitation in both of you and walked towards one another.

The man came up to you with a slight nervousness and bowed his head, kissing your knuckles. A chill went down your spine as he did that all while keeping  eye contact with you. "Hello ma'am, may I have this dance?"

Your inner self swooned at the gentleman like behavior. "I would love to." You responded with a smile.

From that moment on, you were in a deep meaningful relationship with Steven Grant Rogers.

[Chorus:]
I have died every day waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

Ever since you were a little girl, you had always wanted a man like Steve in your life. He was kind, sweet, caring, passionate, romantic, and so so much more. Just looking back at your few months you two have been together made you smile for each moment was beautiful and memorable in your mind. Whether it was a picnic in the park to Netflix at home, you loved every moment with Steve. He was truly the man of your dreams.

When you had said the one-four-three to you, you were slightly worried that he did not feel the same. With a deep kiss, Steve smiled back at you and replied, "I love you too, (Y/N)."

Time stands still
Beauty in all she is
I will be brave
I will not let anything take away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath
Every hour has come to this
One step closer

Never in his life Steve thought he would find the woman of his dreams. You were everything he could have wanted in a woman and so much more. After a year of dating, he decided to make the biggest decision of his life. One particular night Steve had taken you out to your favorite restaurant and was dressed in his best suit. After that amazing meal, you both took a walk in the park in complete and perfect silence enjoying each other's company.

Stopping, he took both of your hands and looked at you. In that moment time stood still as he beheld the beauty that was you. Taking a deep yet shaky breath, Steve began, "(Y/N) this time we shared with one another has been the best days of my life. You are everything I have ever wanted and so much more. I don't deserve a beautiful dame like you. I love you so much (Y/N). I cannot imagine my life without you. I cannot bear to be apart from you."

Then he bended down on one knee, looking up at you standing there crying softly. He went into his pocket and pulled the expectant velvet box. Revealing the most beautiful diamond ring you had ever seen, Steve asked, "(Y/N) (Y/M/N) (Y/L/N), will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?"

The moment has finally come. Steve have been waiting to ask you this since he first laid eyes on you.

You nodded your head rapidly and said, "Yes, of course I will marry you!"

[Chorus:]
I have died every day waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

Once the both of you had said your vows, the preacher smiled at the both of you and announced, "I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Steve lifted up your veil and smiled at you before giving you his first kiss as your husband. Everyone cheered and applauded heavily, especially Bucky who was of course his best man. As you both pulled back, you two were beaming at one another with the biggest brightest smiles ever. Steve whispered to you, "I always knew I found find you. I love you so much, Mrs. Rogers."

You smiled and kissed him once more. "And I love you, Mr. Rogers."