Steve X Reader: Stupid

A/N: Wow I am only gone a few weeks and I get all these notifications and requests and stuff. Nice to know that even if I am gone for a bit, people still like what I am doing on here.

WHOA OVER 20K VIEWS!!!!!! I do not think I can even fathom that. Thank you! :)

Thanks for all of your votes guys! I cannot believe I have gotten over 900 votes! You guys are the bomb! XD

I know I have a few requests that I need to do, but I have been wanting to do this one for a while now.

Enjoy everyone!

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Steve sighed.

It had happened once again.

Bucky had sent them on yet another double date and of course both girls started to fawn over his best friend, ignoring the little skinny guy beside him.

This always happens.

It gets disheartening after a while.

Sure he did not have the advantages of the average guy and had some health problems, but he felt like he could be good boyfriend for someone.

In the end, Steve decided to wait for the right girl not only notice him for the man who he was, but the right partner to dance with.

Apparently today neither girls were the one.

The small man continued to watch his friend and their dates, laughing about some ridiculous story Buck has told thousands of time.

His eyes looked around taking in the scene, smiling at how much fun everyone was having at the party. Some couples were going all out, going fancy dance moves he could never do.

As he was watching and drinking his Coke, a pretty feminine voice asked, "Excuse me?"

Steve turned his head and nearly choked on his drink. It was possibly the most beautiful dame he has ever seen in all of his life. With your (y/h/l) (y/h/c) hair and lovely (y/e/c) eyes, you were a true show stopper in your (y/f/c) dress fitting your body in the right yet still classy way.

There was no way you were talking to him.

He turned around to see if there was another man you were talking about, but there was none.

Steve reasoned to himself, "She is probably here to ask about Bucky. She must of seen us walk in together."

You smiled at him, causing him to get a little weak kneed as well as a little bit sweaty. "I cannot help but notice how you have an empty seat here. Can I sit with you?"

Nodding his head, Steve cleared his throat. "Sure of course madam," He got up and helped you into your chair.

Once he sat back down, your smile widened slight which made his heart speed a bit. "Thank you. Nice to know there are still gentlemen here."

He looked down, turning slightly red in his face.

There was a silence until you spoke again. "That girl was stupid by the way."

He could not help but looked at you with confusion.

You continued. "I mean that girl that came as your date tonight. She was stupid to push you aside."

He gave a small fraction of a smile. "You don't even know me."

"Well I actually got a pretty good idea. You offered to take her small coat, buy a drink and food and tried countless of times to engage a conversation with her. From all of that, plus the fact you helped me into my chair, you are the perfect gentleman who has such a good heart."

He was speechless. "Wow.....well...ummm....how did you-"

You looked a bit sheepish. "Well a bit before you guys came, my date ditched me for a prettier girl. I got bored so I started to watch everyone for a while just like you were doing, but then..." You looked directly into his eyes. "I saw you and I don't know. I just couldn't take my eyes off of you."

Steve could not believe what he was hearing. You, a beautiful kind young woman, noticed him from the crowd and thought he was special and perfect in her eyes.

His eyes widened when he remembered what you said. "Well the guy you were with was stupid for letting go a beautiful kind sweet dame such as yourself."

You blushed, smiling wide at his words.

There was another silence, but it was pleasant one.

Steve jumped out of his seat and asked, "You wanna head out of here? I heard about this great diner across the street from here."

You took his hand with a huge smile on your face. "Sounds great to me."

Thanks to your blind dates, you two had started a beautiful and loving relationship.