Tony X Reader: Broken Mended (Sequel to Troublemaker)

A/N: It took me forever to figure out how I wanted to end Troublemaker, but once again music was my saving grace here. I listened to Broken Vow by Josh Groban yesterday and it hit me like lightning from Thor. 

So I hope you guys like this. 

Warning: This is some heavy stuff in here. Talks about cheating and such. 

P.S. remember I take requests and prompts so message me if you wanna see something or be a part of it.

....................................................................................................................................................................

He should have saw it coming. All the signs were there. He used those same exact signs in his former days as a playboy, but had stupidly hoped that she would change her mind and actually would want to be with him one day. That she would see what she has done to him. How she has changed him for the better. Then it happened.

After releasing her prison for being a serious fight in one of the clubs, they walked in silence and that's when she told him. How there was a another guy. You tried to explain the situation, but he would not listen. Tony did not see the tears almost coming out as he just walked away from you. Once he got back to the Tower, he started drinking for weeks on end. He couldn't sleep nor eat. Everything reminded him of you. You were always on his mind. He felt like a fool, for believing that you actually had feelings for him. 

A few months have passed since that fateful night. Tony was busy working on his latest suit when he heard Emily say that he had an important visitor. He had refused to see anyone except his fellow Avengers. He wanted to be alone. After relying that to his AI, she replied to her maker, "Sir, it is (Y/N)."

He dropped his tool in disbelief. Why would she be here? Though he had every right to be angry, Stark wanted some answers that he could not get from his sources. So he answered coldly, "Bring her up."

After a few moments, there she was, standing in front of him. She was just as beautiful as he remembered her, but there was something off about her. He couldn't put his finger on it. Stopping his work, he turned to her and had his arms crossed. "So what brings you here, dollface?"

You winced at his cold tone. What Tony did not know is that you were suffering since it happened. Though you were the one who cheated on him, the whole thing made you realize that Tony meant so much more to you than you ever intended it to be. You wanted to keep a secret from him, but knew you could go on in this relationship with the lie. 

When he walked away, you broke down. For the next couple of months, you tried to move on but no matter how hard you tried, nothing was working. Everywhere you went or did, you thought of Tony and of the beautiful memories the two of you shared. How there were times you wanted it to be official, but were too scared to do it. So finally you decided to confront that man who still held your heart and ask - no beg for forgiveness. Asking to start over again.

Tony continued. "You need some money or something? Need me to pick up the messes you have made again?"

You had to stop him there before you broke down. "Tony." You said firmly. "That is not why I am here."

He looked at you directly in the eye. You saw behind his confidence his brokenness. "Why? I wasn't good enough for you? Is that you did it?"

You rapidly shook your head. "No, that's not what happened. I tried to tell you, but you wouldn't listen and just walked away. I tried calling you numerous of times and even asked the others to relay you the message, but you did not want to hear what I wanted to say."

"Then say it now. You have my undivided attention."

You sighed. "It was after our little vacation to Paris when it happened. This guy was coming on me harder than usual at the bar. I knew something was up with him, so I kept pushing him away from me. After I had a few drinks, that's when it went downhill. My drinks did not taste the same as they normally would. Next thing I knew it, I was in some random bed with the same guy. He drugged me into his place." 

Your voice slightly broke off. "That was the first time I have done something with a guy that wasn't you and I felt horrible. I ran away from his house and went to my place." You looked him in the eye. "Tony you have to believe me that when I say I did not purposefully want to hurt you. In fact, before it happened, I was going to tell you that...I wanted ttoo make things official and that I loved you."

His eyes widened at hearing those words out of your mouth. Oh how long he had waited to hear those words come out your mouth. Tony listened carefully to your story and paid an awful lot of attention to your body language. 

You sat down on the nearest chair and let out a shaky breath. "And I still do. I understand if you want nothing to do with me or don't even believe me, but all I came here for is a chance to explain myself and ask for forgiveness."

There was a moment of silence. Tony knew you were telling the truth. He could see it in your tearful eyes. If he had only answered one of her calls then. The question now is what to do now?

Tony approached you and went down to where you were. Lifting up your chin, you saw the real Tony. Not the one who puts on the show. The man you fell in love with. He gave a soft smile. "There is nothing to forgive. If anything, I should have listened to you sooner so we would not have been the hot messes we are now."

You let out a laugh. "You were always so stubborn."

He smiled at you. It was good to hear you laugh again. "Now I have get back to work, but I'll see you at 8 later."

Your eyes widened in shock. Did he just say what you thought he said? He spun you into him and kissed you fully on the lips. Immediately, you fell into it and kissed him back. How you two have missed each other. He lets you go and winks at you. "I love you too, (Y/N)."

You smiled fully at the sound of those words.

Once broken, now mended together again.