Avengers X Reader: Your Secret Admirer (Bruce)

Where we last left you off, you were in the park waiting to the secret admirer who had been sending you all the beautiful letters and thoughtful gifts.

Now let's back to the action shall we?

.........................................................................................................

You decided to sit down on the bench for your date. It was a few minutes later until you felt someone's presence behind. As soon as they touched your shoulder, you knew who it was causing you to blush and smile. You turned around to find the completely adorkable and sweet Doctor Bruce Banner.

You had actually met the good doctor not at the Avengers' facility or the Tower, but at the park. You see, though you were one of the best agents and now an Avenger, you love your quiet times to yourself. In your chaotic busy stressful life, you really need some me time.

After three weeks of intense training and small mission, you had to escape. So you went to Central Park with your bag filled with books you had been wanting to read for a while. You decided to walk around for a bit and enjoy the crispy winter scenery when you accidentally ran into someone, leaving you both on the cold snowy ground.

"Oh my goodness I am so sorry. I did not see you there," The bespectacled man said nervously as he stretched his hand to you. "I guess I got a bit distracted."

Once your focus came back to you, you realized you were in the presence of one of the most feared men on your new team, Bruce Banner. You were debating on whether you should your identity a secret or not, but you figured to go with the truth.

You took his hand and got up on your feet. "Don't worry about it, Dr. Banner. It was my fault anyways. I guess I got too caught up with the scenery."

He raised his eyebrow. "You know me?"

You nodded. "I am your newest team mate . I'm (Y/N), (Y/N) (Y/L/N). Ring any bells?"

His eyes widened with recognition. "Oh yes I heard about you. Nice to meet you." He shook your hand which you accepted to only feel that electric connection again.

It was at first awkward and weird, but once you explained your being there and your love of books, the ice was officially broken. For the rest of that day, the two of you guys talked on and on about not only about your equal love of literature of all kinds, but about everything and anything. It was weird how at one meeting you can open up and tell him anything. You knew at that instant that he was different.

This friendship was something that not only benefited you but him as well. It was like you guys were each other's anchors of sorts. You could always rely on him and vice versa. One instance when Tony and Clint were too curious about what would happen if two chemicals that were highly explosive were combined together, Bruce had hulked out. You immediately ran over and calmly talked to him, saying it was alright to be angry but you missed Bruce and such things.

The Hulk's face was so priceless. He nodded his head and let the gamma radiation genius come back. Everyone knew that you were his anchor too.

Soon you had developed feelings for him despite his anger issues. He was so sweet and kind. There would be so many times he was so dear and yet unsure that you could not help but smile at him. His consideration and thoughtfulness of you was always there. Plus you loved being with him whether talking about intellectual subjects or quietly sitting down with each other.

It was no surprise that you loved him, but what surprised you right now was that he had feelings for you. And not only that, but he had sent you all those letters.

Your shock shook off. "Bruce what are you doing here?"

He ribbed his neck awkwardly. "I kind of hoped it was obvious."

"You wrote me all those letters?"

The dark haired man nodded.

"Why? Why did you write to me?"

Taking a breath, Bruce had taken your hands in his slightly sweaty hands, which caused to you smile at his nervousness and the gesture. "I know I am not the easiest guy to be around. And I know that the Other Guy would keep coming out for who knows how long. Yet I cannot help but have feelings for you. I cannot help but feel safe, calm and happy whenever I am around you. I cannot help but fall for your quirkiness, your sense of humor, your charms, your beauty and everything that you are. I wrote them so maybe I could have a slight chance of being with you."

Your smile could not be wider and your happy tears were threatening to spill. Bruce's head was facing towards the ground, being a bit bashful. You cupped his chin raising him up to face you. You replied with such love and joy, "Bruce Banner you have no idea how happy you have made me. How long I have loved you."

You kissed him in a sweet manner which he responded to with such elation and happiness. It screamed of your love for one another. It was turning more passionate and raw when you were beginning to realize you needed to breathe. You both broke away with huge smiles on your faces.

Bruce cleared his throat. "So does that you mean that you will be my Valentine?"

You giggled. "Of course I do! I love you Bruce."

"I love you too, (Y/N)!"

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

A/N: I do not know why, but I happen to love our good doctor.

I wanna thank you guys so much for reading my one-shots. We have reached 500 votes!!! Thank you guys so much! I love you all so much :)

Keep your eye out for the next chapters of this special series.

Fairfarren my dears! :)