Steve X Reader: Flying Mistletoe

A/N: First off, I wanna say thank you all for letting me rant on my last update. I really needed it. I was not expecting all those votes about me wanting to turn into the Hulk. Plus I appreciate all the comments from you guys. Thanks for the advice and tips. Wattpad has not gotten back to me yet about my missing one-shot so I will most likely have to write a new version of that request. 

It is official my precious followers and readers alike. I AM DONE WITH LIFE!!! Well, no I am not done with life considering I am still alive and all, but I am officially done with this semester. As soon as I turned in my ten page paper, I literally pumped my fist in the air. Hopefully this means I will not be a lazy bump and do some more one-shots for y'all. So send me requests so I can keep coming back here.

This one-shot got inspired by what I saw on daytime television. 

Enjoy!

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

It was Tony's annual Christmas Eve party. He throws it every year and makes everyone goes to it every single year, including you. As much as you loved your friends and coworkers, all you wanted to do is take a nice nap, relax and watch Netflix shows and movies you have not been able to see yet. Unfortunately, your half-brother threatened you to come down and mingle everyone; otherwise he was going to do some drastic. Seeing how last time Tony said that.......let's just saying it was an emotionally scarring experience for you. 

Seeing how you wanted to get in the Christmas spirit, you pull on your best and favorite red dress with your favorite shoes to match. You were kind of looking forward to this evening and wanted to look your best, considering how Steve and Bucky should be back from their mission by now. You sighed at just the thought of the super solider. 

When you had decided to move into the Tower with your half-brother a year ago, you were introduced to the whole team. Steve was probably the most welcoming and friendly out of all of them. He helped you move in quite nicely the Tower and made you feel at home. Since then, you two have been best friends. You did pretty much everything together. From watching movies he had yet to watch (you made him watch your favorite film franchise) to going on missions together (you were one of the new recruits to the Avengers, despite Tony's wishes), you two were as thick as thieves. 

In the course of that time, you had involuntarily had fallen in love with Steve. Did you want to date him? Of course! Could you see a future with him? Yeah. Did he feel the same way? You had absolutely no idea! 

You knew that Steve cared about you and loved you as a friend, but you were afraid that was the extend of his feelings towards you. Once again, you were in the worst position in the whole entire nine realms: the friend zone.

Going down to the party, you had spotted your brother and walked up to him and his girlfriend, Pepper. Tony gave that evil smirk of his that you want to rip off. You asked, "Happy?"

He nodded his head. "Very. Now come on, Sissy. Enjoy the night. Have some fun. I'm sure your man candy would not mind some company." Your brother winked at you.

You groaned. One of the worst things you had let happen was the fact that you let Tony figure out that you had feelings for the leader of his team. 

Pepper smacked him for you. "Tony leave her alone," In which Tony rolled his eyes playfully. She shook her head and looked at you. "Here is the deal (Y/N), you have to stay at the party for at least three hours. After that, you can leave. Does that seem fair?" The ginger asked the two siblings.

She was always the mediator between you two even before Tony was an Avenger. 

You smiled brightly and hugged Pepper tightly. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

Tony crossed his arms. "I never agreed to that. I still have evidence against you."

You glared at him with a smirk as you crossed your arms. "My dear brother of mine, you underestimate me. I have proof of you swinging from the chandelier sing that song, another time you were drunk wearing my heels and jewelry singing Iggy Azaela's Fancy, another time-"

Tony interrupted. "Okay okay I get it. Geez." Then he wrapped his arm around you. "I'm so proud to call you my sister. I think I am about to cry." He wiped a fake tear from his cheek.

You rolled your eyes. "And you call me the drama queen."

After that interaction, you searched the party for Steve. Thankfully it did not take too long to find him. He was talking with Bucky in the corner of the room. You approached them and said as you sat down on the couch with them, "Hey guys! Merry Christmas!"

Steve turned a bit red whereas Bucky wrapped his metal arm around you, giving a quick side hug. "Hey (Y/N/N). Merry Christmas to you too sweetheart. You look great."

You smiled at your other best friend. "Thanks Buck."

Rogers gave you a smile which made you get all weak kneed. You were so glad you were sitting down. "Hey (Y/N), how have you been?"

You recapped everything that happened to you the last few weeks in their absence. While you were doing that, unknown to you and Steve, Bucky gave the signal to Natasha who have the nod to Clint to start Operation: Flying Mistletoe. 

You see the three assassins as well as everyone else on the team knew that you two had liked each other for over a year now. Bucky had lost count on how many times Steve have brought you up in the conversation or mentioned how you were perfect. So he got the others assembled to come up a plan of attack in order for you two to get together. The Dynamic duo came up with this. Thus what is happening now.

James cleared his throat to you two as you were laughing about something Steve had said. "Excuse me (Y/N/N) I am gonna grab some food before Thor eats it all."

You nodded your head. "Okay."

As Bucky was walking away, Clint went behind the bar and took out a remote. Once it was on, the archer moved the controller in such a way that the mistletoe that was attached to a helicopter moved in your direction. Neither of you heard the sound of the helicopter or anything until Tony screamed from across the room, "Look who is under the mistletoe."

Most of the people in the room looked in your direction, causing both of you to look up and see the flying mistletoe. Your cheeks flared red whereas Steve was all over his face. Steve started, "Listen (Y/N) you don't have to-"

You immediately kissed him with everything you got. This was the moment of truth. You were confessing your love for the man through that blissful amazing kiss. You had hoped he felt the same. Then after a few moments Steve kissed you back passionately, pulling you closer to him and his hands at our waist. You wrapped your arms around his neck and put your hands in his hands, enjoying the feel of his lips against yours. 

Hearing the catcalls, whistling, and clapping, you two broke off the kiss out of breath. Everyone, from Tony who was doing most of the sounds to Natasha who gave a smirk, was happy for the two of you. You looked back at Steve and asked, "Does this mean you feel the same as I do?"

Steve looked at you with eyes filled with so much love and adoration. He cupped your cheek and said those precious words to you, "I have always had feelings for you, (Y/N). I am in love with you."

You smiled a bright smile and pecked him on the lips. "I love you too, Steve."

Kissing you again, you both relaxed on the couch not minding anyone else in the room except each other. 

Watching you two snuggle and talk on the couch, Bucky, Clint and Natasha gave each other high fives all around. Mission accomplished.