Thor X Reader: Words (Sequel to As Long As I Am With You)

A/N: Wow. Just wow. I have no words to express how much I am grateful for your votes and comments. You guys are the best :) I was worried no one was going to like my ideas for our favorite Avengers, but turns out I don't have to worry.

Keep in mind I do take requests. I don't have just do my best friend. I can do put you in here too. Have an idea/prompt? Tell me too.

In fact, the reason for this sequel was because one of you guys commented on my last one-shot. You ask and you shall receive. Hopefully you like what I did here. You know who you are :)

Keep in mind Frigga is alive in this one-shot and Loki is redeemed. And yes Odin is unfortunately here. (I really don't like that man).

Enjoy!
.................................................................................

You loved Asgard. There wasn't anything about this realm you didn't like. Well......that wasn't entirely true.

Of course, Asgard is beautiful. Everywhere Thor took you, you were in complete and utter awe at the sights in front of you. From the palace to the seas, you loved everything about your beloved's home. Not to mention you loved the Asgardian fashion.

With people, you got along famously with the Warrior Three and Sif, whom you were worried about to begin with considering her history with Thor. They even taught how to use weapons in the battlefield. Frigga adored you as if you were already her daughter. By some strange power, Loki actually approved of you as Thor's match. It probably had to do with that fact you had a bit of mischievous side as well and did some pranks together.

Lastly, there was the All-Father himself. You didn't like him from the tales from both of his sons. Plus there was the issue of the man not liking mortals. To be more specific, Midgardians. For Thor's sake, you were willing to try to at least form a decent relationship with the man. It took a very very very very loooooonnnnnnggggg time but Odin at least liked you more than Jane according to his wife.

While you were enjoying your stay in Asgard, you missed Thor terribly when he was away. Sometimes these campaigns took a while, both on the battlefield and political matters. Once they were done, the feasts to celebrate the victories would last a week and take the god of thunder's attention away. You tried to do something, but Odin's stare would stop you. Plus whenever Thor was gone or these feasts happened, there are some people in Asgard would gossip about their true feelings about you. Whoever said bricks and stones may break my bones, but words would never hurt me was a liar.

Though Loki (when he wasn't needed on the battlefield) defended you and pulled cruel tricks on them who said such things, the words still stick with you. Worthless. Ugly. Hideous. Not right for Thor. Deserves better than a Midgardian rat. Wench. Not princess material. And the list goes on...

You never told Thor for you did not want him to know of your insecurities. You were going to be strong for him. You were going to become the type of woman that Thor would be proud of. Thus began your lessons.

At first, the Queen was not sure this was the best route for you to take. She too knew about the rumors and tried to discourage them, but to no avail. Then you persuade her saying how this would help you boost your self-confidence. She then agreed to help you.

Everyday when Thor was gone or busy, you went to Frigga and she would teach you the ways of Asgard. From learning the history to act like a proper lady, you learned it all. Sif even taught you privately the ways of the sword. Doing all this helped you plenty, feeling better with every task you do. Yet again, the words would still haunt you in the moments you least expect it.

One night in particular changed everything. It has been three months since you first arrived and you have had no word from Hemidall about Thor's condition. You were stuck in your mind again as you were watching the cold winds blow pursue the palace. You were so consumed with courtiers and ladies' words that you did not notice someone entering the room.

Thor had just arrived from his 5th campaign and rushed to see you. He has asked Loki and his mother to keep in eye on you while he was gone. The first couple of weeks you were a beacon of happiness that brought him so much joy. As time continued, he could see you struggling at times on your dates and outings, though you were still happy with him.

He could see something was wrong, but every time he was free to ask you about what was wrong, his father would bring up another situation that needed his attention. Plus you would always lie to him. Thor still tried his best to see you, but more and more things were piling on him causing you to drift from him in every sense.

Finally, Thor has put his foot down with his father. He told his father that this was unfair with the two of you and demanded that Loki should be more involve on future campaigns for he was the son who wanted to be king. This did not end well, but after a long time Odin finally agreed. Now Thor was finally going have a good discussion with you.

He approached you and saw the tears roll down your face, causing his heart to break. Thor went in front of you and said sadly as he wiped your tears, "My dearest (Y/N), I have neglected you."

You realized that Thor was in front of you. "Thor what are you doing here? I thought you were going to-"

He cut you off with a gentle peck on your lips as he stroked your cheek with his thumb. "We finished early. Now I would like to know what is the matter with you. Do not lie to me any further. I know from Loki that you have been taking private lessons from mother and Sif as well as seclude yourself in this room."

You mumbled to yourself, "I'm going to get him later."

Thor sighed once again. "You have no idea how your actions sadden me. I keep trying my best to do well by you and secure your happiness while obeying father. But I have failed you. I cannot help but think this is all my fault. I am so sorry (Y/N). I promise you that I am never going to leave you. I already talked to Father and he has agreed for Loki to take my place."

You were completely shocked by his speech. Mentally you hit yourself, for making Thor think this is his fault. He has been nothing but loving and amazing to you. Even your dark days were gone in his presence. You knew you could not keep it to yourself any longer. You had to tell him.

You held his hand in yours and looked into his beautiful blue eyes. "Thor, though what you have done for me is so thoughtful, you are not the problem my beloved. It is me."

"Whatever do you mean?"

"I have heard countless of rumors of the people think of me. How I am not worthy of you. How hideous and ugly I am. How I'm not right for you. And it keep getting to me so I decided to spend time with Frigga so it could help my self-esteem and make me the right woman for you. But those words still get to me. That's reason for my actions."

Thor seemed to be thoughtful for a bit before he spoke again. "(Y/N), I fell in love with you, not some Asgardian woman. You. Don't listen to what they have said about you. You are beautiful beyond all measure. You are perfection itself. Please believe me when I say you are the best thing that has ever happened to me in all my years."

Your tears finally fell but they were tears of happiness. Thor's words overpowered and banished the words that once filled your mind. As you two embraced each other, you knew things were going to get better from that instant on.