Loki X Reader: Just As You Are Requested By @sapph-and-ruby

A/N: You guys are awesome. I hope you all know that.

It never ceased to amaze and warm my heart to know that you guys actually enjoy my stories.

It also never ceases to amaze me how specific you guys are, but hey love you guys are awesome just the same. One reader of mine that goes by the name of sapph-and-ruby who is one of whom I am talking about.

Hope you like it despite it's lateness. Enjoy!

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

You never understood men.

Why they always have to make things complicated and confusing. Why they acted the way they did.

Though you were surrounded with them since you were best friends/member of the Avengers, you still did not understand them. After sometime, you were able to grasp some things about your team mates, but you never really understood why Loki did and acted the way he did.

Why he would play mean yet brilliant pranks on his fellow team mates. Why he distanced himself from the others most of the time. Why he enjoyed vexing you at the most unexpected times. Why he would say horrible things about humans.

Sure they were different from yourself but you did not think yourself above them though you technically above them. Yes you were taller than them, but that's only a part of your secret.

You were actually a Jotun, a frost giant. When you were a babe, you were abandoned by your parents on Earth to fend for yourself. Your young self realized her appearance was not normal so you transformed into them so you could live a somewhat regular life.

Your skills caught the eye of Fury and you became one of the newest additions to the team.

Your thoughts were stopped immediately when you jumped out of your seat screaming as you felt something down your back.

A laugh stopped your hands from searching your back.

Your (y/e/c) eyes narrowed at the god of mischief who smiled at you. "Is the little midgardian afraid of a small snake?"

You stood up and hit him with your book. "The only snake I hate right now is you. Why do you do this? Why must you mess with me every single day? Do you seriously have nothing else to do right now?"

"Well I needed a break from my Shakespeare." He shrugged nonchalantly.

Your temper was getting the best of you. "So you decided to ruin my peaceful afternoon with your stupid snake? Why can't you give me a break for a day? Or rather let everyone alone for one day? Must you ruin everyone's day? Just because you are depressed and had some bad experience in the past does not mean you get to lash it out on the rest of us.

You continued despite your red eyes coming out along with your blue skin. "We have nothing to do with that. Do you think you are the only one who has struggled and had misfortunes? Don't give yourself the luxury. I have been through things you possibly cannot imagine and you don't see me make everyone else miserable. I have been called a monster my whole entire life. By my adopted parents, my siblings, my friends, everyone I have ever cared about..."

Your tears were coming out as you concluded. "You know what? Forget it."

You walked out of the room, trying calm yourself from the flash of your memories.

Suddenly a hand grabbed your forearm. You looked up and your tearful eyes widened at the sight of Loki but as a frost giant. Like you.

"(Y/N) you are not alone and you are definitely not a monster. I suffered like you because of my appearance. Not being loved and not being given compassion. I am sorry for being insensitive of you my dear. I pray you may forgive me."

You nodded your head as more tears spilled.

He pulled into his embrace where you sobbed into his chest letting it all out, knowing that he would understand your pain that you held in after all these years.

.............................................................................................................

A Few Weeks Later

Ever since that day, you two revealed everything to one another. You finally understood the man you had secretly admired for such a long time. You two had gotten quite close to the point where you would consider yourself as friends.

You sighed and paused in your steps.

Friends....you did not mind the word, but you wanted so much more than that. You had a crush on Loki, but in this time they had grown to the point that you knew you were in love with the man.

You wanted to be his one and only. To be the love of his life.

But you were friendzoned, the most annoying thing ever invented by man.

You reasoned it was better to be friends than not have him at all.

As you continued to walk the halls, you heard someone talking to himself. You followed it and found yourself by Loki's room. You peeked a bit from the crack and saw him looking rather nervously into the mirror.

He cleared his throat. "Alright let's try again without any mistakes. (Y/N) there is something I must confess to you. It has been a secret for some time now, but I must reveal it to you before it gets too much for me to bear. I have fallen in love with you."

You swallowed your grasp as he continued. "I have since the day we have met, but I never believed that you would accept me as I am. These last couples of weeks have strengthen my affections for you as well as have given me hope that you might feel the same. I must ask: do you feel the same as I?"

There was never a stronger moment in which you wanted to reply right away but you did not want to reveal yourself.

Loki nodded to himself. "That sounds alright. I better go with the original words," It seemed he was about transport somewhere. "Oh right she hates it when I do that. Better walk."

Your eyes widened. You immediately ran to your room and sat your bed, grabbing the nearest book and pretended to read it. You heard a knock and shouted, "Come in."

Loki walked it nervously. You have never seen him so unsure of himself before. You asked, "What's up?"

"(Y/N), I have to tell you that you have always been on my mind and heart since we have met. I am very much in love with you and hope that you will have me as I am?"

You smiled as you transformed yourself into your Jotun form and walked up to him. "Only if you take me as I am? Both parts of me."

He smiled as he let his frost giant self take over. Loki pulled you by your waist. "I wouldn't have you any other way."

You two met in the middle giving each other a blissful and meaningful kiss. It was so beautiful and amazing that nothing could-

"LOKI!!! WHAT ARE MY SUITS?!?!?"

The two giants pulled away, chuckling softly.

You looked up at him. "You did it, didn't you?"

He shrugged. "Perhaps. You should know me by now."

You shook your head as you peck him on the lips. "I know and love that side of you. It is the Loki I fell in love with."

He smirked and kissed each other again ignoring Tony's yelling and frantic searching.