Steve X Reader: Just Go Along with It

A/N: I was thinking about doing some more songfics when I stumbled upon this prompt. It was so adorable and so sweet that I had to do a one-shot based off of it.

Enjoy everyone!

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Sighing, you checked your watch for the tenth time now.

Last week, you had really hit it off with a guy your friend had set you up with. He seemed like a decent enough guy to give a chance to. You haven't dated in a while due to your demanding job. It also may be because you had not wanted to go on a date since your horrible breakup with your ex.

Your date told you that he would meet you here at this specific restaurant and at this time. You even dressed somewhat more nicer thanks to the lovely spring weather. You were so excited to see where this would go.

Your waitress came up to your table again, but you avoided her pitiful eyes. "Excuse me madam. Would you like to order something now?"

You checked the time. He was over a half hour late.

Shaking your head, you replied. "I'll give him five more minutes."

Once she walked away, you shook your head in embarrassment. All of the waiters and waitresses were eyeing your table with either pity or amusement. Even many of the couples in the restaurant had glanced your way, enjoying the fact that they did not have to be in your shoes anymore.

Then ten minutes passed. This was getting too much for you.

You were about to stand up and leave when a tall blond man sat down at your table apologizing to you slightly loud, "Honey, I am so sorry I am late. The guys made me stay longer to finish up a couple of things at the office."

You had never seen this man in your life. He was extremely handsome and seemed to be very kind though. Plus you can tell he has been to the gym.

When the stranger kissed your forehead, he whispered in your ear quickly, "Name's Steve. Steve Rogers. Just go along with it, okay? Whoever did not bother show up is a jerk."

You couldn't help the smile that came up on your face. This total stranger came to your aid, pretending to be your date for the night.

You did as he said to you and went along with it.

"I was getting worried sweetheart. I had thought something bad happened to you."

Your new friend/fake date looked at you with those beautiful blue eyes. "Sorry to worry you. I was going to call, but I forgot to charge my phone last night again. I am still trying to get used to it."

You giggled, shaking your head at how adorable he can be. "You really need to start charging it more often."

Your waitress came back with shocked eyes when her eyes saw Steve. Trying not to be nervous, she asked, "Welcome sir. May I get your order?"

The rest of the night went off swimmingly. Everyone who had looked at you with pity now looked at you in envy or awe of your date. Even some of the women on their dates couldn't take their eyes off Steve.

Your fake date was possibly the best date you had ever been on. Steve was very considerate and sweet about the whole thing. He played the part of the perfect boyfriend perfectly. He asked about your day, your coworkers, your family and even laughed at some of your lame jokes.

You found out so many things about Steve. You knew he had looked familiar, but it was not until a waiter came up and asked for the autograph from Captain America. You tried so hard not to be shocked or amazed that one of the world's mightiest heroes would voluntarily be your date when he could be with any other beautiful woman.

And yet he was still this sweet, adorable, humble, sometimes a bit awkward (which let's be honest was still cute) amazing guy. Steve was not like many guys you had met or dated before.

The conversation kept flowing. It never stopped. It was filled with many various topics and funny stories. You did not want this night to end. You did not want to not see Steve again.

Once you two had finished your desserts and paid for (both of which was at Steve's insistence despite your protests), you both left the restaurant with happy smiles.

Once you two were a safe distance away from it, you gave a sincere smile to your fake date. "I cannot thank you enough for that back there. That was the nicest thing anybody has ever done for me."

He blushed and rubbed the back of his neck. "I just couldn't stand and let your night be ruined by some guy who did not appreciate what he had right in front of him."

Now it was your turn to blush. "You're too sweet."

"Hopefully you and your boyfriend can patch things up."

"Actually the guy I was meeting tonight was just someone my friend wanted to set me up with. He wasn't my boyfriend."

His uncertainty transformed into a beaming smile that made your heart race again. "Well if you aren't busy next week, maybe we can go on an actual date?"

You nodded your head and went up to your tip toes to kiss his cheek. "I'd love to go on a real date with you."

Since then, you and Steve have been dating for two years and still are going strong.