Stacie X Loki: Broken Walls and Fears Requested By @Mistress_of_Chaos

A/N: Hey everyone! I hope you all are doing well in this lovely Christmas weather. I have conflicted feelings with the weather here. I am glad it's not snowy and icy here, but I miss or rather want a white Christmas. 

One of my newest followers and admirers is the great Mistress_of_Chaos. She has been so sweet and kind about what I have been doing here. Plus she is super cool as we were getting to know each other. So of course I had to do her request. It was a no brainer. I had to think hard about this considering how I wanted to do this, hence why this is a bit late.

Here you go, my dear Mistress. I hope you like what I did for you.

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Ignoring yet another call from her friends/team, Stacie went back to focusing on the television in front of her though her thoughts were elsewhere. She really should have saw this coming. She should have never let him in. Let none of them in, but she did so foolishly thinking it would be different this time around. The short haired brunette fell back unto the couch, looking back on how it all happened.

Flashback

It all started when she was approached by Nick Fury about going the Avengers. With her powers of shape shifting and previous combat training, the former director of SHIELD thought she would be a valuable asset to the team. Stacie was very hesitate about this, considering the fact she was not exactly a people person. To make matters worse, she would be forced to live with her new team to form that bond so to speak. After making a very convincing argument, Fury had recruited her to join under the condition she can still have her apartment.

Then it all began. Stacie had met everyone she had heard so much about from the news. What surprised her though is that the man who had once wanted to conquer the planet was now an Avenger. That's right. Loki was a part of the team. He along with the rest of the team took an interest in her, but she avoided or talked very little with them.

Though everyone was incredibly nice to her (even Stark was being somewhat less of a pain), the shapeshifter was afraid. She was afraid of getting hurt again. All of her life she had been infected with pain by those whom she once loved and cared about deeply. She had been cursed with a big heart, always being hurt by people around her. Though her heart knew her team was different, Stacie didn't want to take the risk.

What makes matters worse is that during her first few months of being an Avenger, she was slowly falling for the god of mischief. Despite her attempts to seclude herself from others, Loki always found her somehow and would keep her company. Whether it was reading together in silence or having small conversations, he was slowing chipping away at her defenses with his charming personality. 

Slowly, he led her to accept the others into her life. Her dark life of solitude and loneliness was growing brighter and brighter with each moment she spent with Loki and the others. Stacie let her heart free and do what it wished to do for so long. Her friendship with the others was growing stronger, them becoming dear friends to her. From hanging out with the girls to trying to understand what Bruce and Tony were talking about, her life was beginning to feel whole again.

As for her friendship with Loki....let's just say that was a bit more complicated. Stacie had developed very strong feelings for the green-eyed god and part of her wanted to have a relationship with him, but there was one major thing in the way: his eternal status. She would grow old while he would stay the same. What if during that period he would grow tired of her or lose interest due to her aging and move onto another woman?