Loki X Me: Understood For Once

A/N: If you my loving readers have read Steve X My Sister: Meddling, you would have noticed how Loki and myself are a couple in that story (If you did not read it, check it out right now).

This particular one-shot is going be like a prequel of that one shot. It is going to be the tale of how it all happened.

P.S. All the compliments here are what people have said to me in the past.

Hope you enjoy it!

.......................................................................................................................................

Sarai was so happy to be an Avenger with her sister, though Gen was a lot more cautious about the situation than her. The first few months were hard for her with all the training sessions and trying to get along with her team members. She knew everyone was going to have a problem with her since they thought she was too young to be a part of this and was inexperienced. After seeing her potential and how hard she worked in the sessions, Steve gave her chance which meant the world to her. If he was giving her chance, then the others will as well. Which they did, much to her relief.

Her childlike nature and innocence brought some much joy and hope to the team as well as much laughter. Fury even cracked a small smile at her antics. Sarai felt truly at home with her new family.

One day, Fury called her in. She walked into the debriefing room and saw Thor with long blacked hair male, which she assumed was Loki whom she thought had died. She gave Thor a quick hug and smile, which caused Loki to raise his eyebrow. Sarai looked at Fury and said, "You called for me, sir?"

He nodded to the other room. You both walked there and closed the door. "Yes, I did. Do you know who is with Thor?"

"Yes, of course. Loki, the god of mischief himself who tried to take over the Earth, but redeemed himself when he sacrificed himself for Thor during the whole Aether incident."

The former director of SHIELD raised his eyebrow when she said redeemed. "Yes on most accounts. I need you to watch him. Thor has said he comes in peace and turned a new leaf."

"But you don't trust him so you want me to babysit a man who is thousands of years older than me." She concluded.

"Call that if you want, but I need you to report any suspicious behavior."

"Suspicious by your standards or mine?"

With that, he just walked away causing her to smile. You walked back into the room with the two aliens. You smile widely. "It's so good to see you again, Thor."

The god of thunder smiled widely at you. "As is you, Lady Sarai."

Her light brown eyes fell upon Loki. "And you must be Loki. It's so nice to meet you."

Loki was confused by this Midgardian. When she first walked into the room, he was hit with how beautiful she was as well as the magnitude of her powers for it radiates from her. Then she has a warm about her from what he saw with her encounter with Thor, which caused him an unpleasant feeling in his gut. Now, she treats him as a person not a villain who has tried to take over her planet. All the other agents cornered in fear of him or gave him a glare, but not her.

He nodded his head and lifted her hand to his lips, kissing her knuckles. "The pleasure is mine, my lady."

Her blush was evident. She put her head down self-consciously at the attention she was receiving from this handsome man before her.  She smiled back at him and clapped her hands together. "Let's go to the Tower, shall we?"

For the next few weeks, Sarai and Loki spent a lot of time together. She showed him her favorite parts in New York from The Strand Bookstore (they both kept going back there after they were done with their books) to Broadway, courtesy of Tony who she begged endlessly. They often spend time together at the Tower though, enjoying each other's company. They even pulled pranks on the others.

Her favorite memory is when he asked why her codename is Avatar. This led to binge watching the whole Avatar: The Last Airbender series. Loki loved it and tried to convince her to watch Korra too, but she warned him that sequel was horrible. He didn't listen to her and watched it anyway. It ended up being the first time he openly admitted that she was right, though he denied it when she mentioned to her fellow Avengers.

Though each Avenger including her sister were cautious/suspicious of him, they were slowly warming up to him. They even teased their youngest member about the two of them.

Sarai did have feelings for the god of mischief. She didn't mean for it to happen, but it did. For the first time in a long time, she felt that she could herself with him without being judged. She was more happier whenever she was with him. He was never far from her thoughts either. Every time they hanged out together made her fall for him more and more. They had so much in common, though he did not know half of it.

One night as he was reading Shakespeare's sonnets to her, Loki looked at her and smiled at the sight of her curled up into his side as his arm was wrapped her waist. He loved everything about her. From her bright smile to her sassy nature, there wasn't anything about her he did not love. This led him to have feelings for her. If someone had told him a few years ago that he would fall for a Midgardian, he would have laughed.

She noticed he stopped and looked at him, seeing him stare at her. Sarai smiled at him and asked, "What are you thinking about?"

He raised his eyebrow at her. "I am merely wondering why out of all the Avengers you chose me?"

She knew what he meant. Though all the Avengers were more than just teammates to her, she was the closest with Loki to the point where she called him her best male friend. "Well, after hearing your story, I knew you and I were similar and get along well enough."

"Similar in what way?"

She stand up a bit and sat closer to him, missing his warmth for a second. "The youngest sibling. Has a older sibling who was perfect in every single way. Who was better at you at what your father deemed what was important. Felt like an outcast for your flaws and abilities by everyone including your family. Always feel the need to prove yourself to people. A father who was cruel to you, though I hate Odin more." Loki smiled at that. "I can go on for a bit more but I think you get the idea. I thought it would be nice to be truly understood for one by someone who has been through the same stuff as I have."

Loki never realized how similar they were until that moment. They were always compatible but this was a whole different level. Never had someone truly understood him for who he was and accept him still. It's one thing to sympathize with someone but it's a completely different thing to know what it is like. To being a shadow and an outcast by others.

Loki saw Sarai in a different light now. He cupped her cheek and saw the sadness in her eyes as she remembered her past. He stroked it tenderly with his thumb and kissed her gently. She kissed him back as she wrapped her arms around him. They pulled back with large smiles.

From that moment on, they were a couple.