Steve X Reader: The Real Steve Part 1

A/N: Hey guys! Again thanks for all the votes and comments. Really appreciate that. If you guys can pretty please check out my other story, I'll love you.

This is the first part of three in this one-shot series. I have been wanting to do this idea for a long time, but wanted to get some of other ideas out of the way. I hope you like what I got going here.

Enjoy y'all!

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Steve had hoped this idea of his would work. A few weeks back, he came to the realization that he needed someone like Peggy in his life that was from this century. Someone who wanted to be with him and not Captain America, the first Avenger and friend of the rich and famous Tony Stark. He was tired of all the fake women he met at Tony's parties. He wanted someone genuine. So he went to the library floor of Tony's Tower and asked the god of mischief himself for a favor.

Using his old military tags, Loki enchanted the necklace so that as long as Steve wore it, he would be transformed into his old self before he took the serum. His old tiny self. Loki was a bit shock by Steve's appearance, but thought that no one would recognize him as the leader of the Avengers. Thankfully, the enchantment included his clothes so he did not have buy some to fit his tiny form. Steve was debating this for a while now, but he felt this was the right decision.

So it began. Steve went in his tiny form all the time whenever he wanted to outside the Tower. Wherever he went, women would either do one of the following: be nice but not interested in him, laugh at him, ignore him, or use him to get him stuff for them (this happened only two times since Steve learned their tricks). It was rather discouraging. He thought, or rather hoped, women had changed since the forties. He wasn't giving up, but his hope was dwindling.

Deciding to continue to check up with the times, Steve decided to go to Barnes and Noble. He couldn't understand how to use a tablet and did not enjoy reading on it as much as he would with a real book in his hands. Once he walked in, he was overwhelmed with all the books in front of him. The solider decided to check the classics first, seeing if there were any new ones he did not know about before. When he got there, his body froze in shock at the beauty in front of him.

She had beautiful (y/h/l) (y/h/c) that framed her face perfectly and gorgeous (y/e/c) that were so focused on the book in her hands, scanning the summary on the back. He was never this nervous before. Steve have met some lovely woman, but you were truly breath-taking. He could see that you were reading the summary of one of the classic novels. Trying to avoid interaction, Steve went around to only trip over a stack of books that was on the floor.

You immediately turned around and saw him laying there. You went over and asked, "Are you alright? Are you hurt? I should have known not to put those books there."

Steve looked up with a huge blush arising. "Um...yes I'mmmm fine, ma'am." He stammered as he got up.

You still looked worried. "Are you sure?"

"Yes ma'am. I assure you I am perfectly fine."

Smiling at his manner, you took a real look at this man. He was absolutely adorable. Sure you usually prefer taller guys, but there was something about this man that drew you to him. He was stacking your books for you. You crouched down and helped. "You don't have to do this."

"It's the least I can do since I knocked them over," He sheepishly smiled at you, causing your insides to swoon. "Why so many books?"

Now it was your turn to look sheepish. "Well...I'm a huge bookworm. I love books. They are my obsession. Sometimes I buy books even though I have a list of books to read still."

Steve smiled at your shy nature. "Well maybe you can suggest something for me."

You looked at him. "Oh sure. What's your favorite genre?"

"Well.....I don't really know."

Your eyebrow was raised. "Well tell me something about you...oh wait I don't even know your name."

He nodded his head. "Steve, ma'am. Steve Rogers." He winced a bit at the mention of his whole name.

You took out your hand, ignoring the wince. "It's pleasure to meet you, Steve. I'm (Y/N)."

He shook your hand, firmly but not too hard. "Pleasure is all mine, (Y/N)." He cleared his throat, adjust his collar to his dress shirt. "Um...maybe we can get to know each other over lunch or something? So you can help me with what kind of books I like. If you want of course...." Steve trailed off, embarrassed by what he just said.

You tried so hard to hold your giggles in at the adorable man in front of her. "Steve, I'll love that. Let me just ring up my books."

He helped you carrying your stack, despite your protests at how it was too heavy for a guy like him. Steve couldn't stop smiling the whole way. Maybe these tags were a good idea.