Bruce X Reader: Sweet Surprise Requested By @GabCarrillo9

A/N: You know when you get that feeling like you do not want to do anything but relax and chill? That has been on me since summer break has started. I am sorry I haven't updated lately but I promise to do better.

This one-shot was requested by GabCarrillo9 who wanted some more Bruce in this little collection of mine.

Sorry it's late dearest but I hope you like this.

Enjoy!

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Let's be honest here. Whoever doesn't like sweets was not human whatsoever.

Bruce has always loved sweets. Ever since he was a boy, he always had a bit of a sweet tooth. From a simple vanilla cupcake to chocolate frosted chocolate cake, the man loved it all.

One day, when the team had a day off from projects and missions and such, Bruce had decided to take advantage of this opportunity and explore different parts of the small town that was somehow near their new Avengers Facility.

While looking around the small cute shops they had there, his brown eyes noticed a little bakery/cafe in the corner. On the window display showed amazing cake creations as well as small little treats that were now featured.

It had peaked his curiosity so he had decided that to get something for himself and eat for a bit while reading his book he recently bought at the local bookstore.

Once he had went in, the fresh aroma of baked goods fit him hard, making him sigh contently. The whole bakery was charming.

They had a bit of everything. Some were his favorites while others he had never heard before.

Transfixed on the display case, he had not noticed someone come out of the kitchen and approached him with a gentle smile.

"Excuse me sir, may I help you?" A sweet feminine voice asked, startling him slightly.

Bruce looked up and completely froze at the sight of you. You were breathtaking to say the least. With your (y/h/l) (y/h/c) hair tied back, your lovely (y/e/c) eyes and polite demeanor, you were definitely a showstopper. None of the flour on your apron or your skin did not sway him.

He swallowed. "Um...not yet. I am still trying to decide what to get. Everything looks so good."

You slightly blushed and lowered your head. "Well thank you for that. I try my best."

There was a slight lull in the conversation, since both of you were shy and did not know what to say to the other.

"So," He rubbed his neck. "Do you make everything?"

From that conversation started a beautiful relationship. Bruce came back every other day in the week to try more the sweets you had made.

You were truly gifted in the kitchen. There was nothing not to like.

Your brownies were to die for.

Your pound cake and danishes could make a grown man weep.

Your cupcake flavors were delicious especially with your homemade frosty.

Your doughnuts could put Dunkin Donuts out of business.

You even made bread (which you admitted you are still learning).

And let's not even get started on the chocolate and sugar candies you made from time to time.

The bakery was like a little slice of heaven for Bruce.

Besides the delicious goods and calming atmosphere, the angel behind those creations were the real reason he came back a few times during the week.

You were different from the people in his life and that is what he really needed.

You were so genuine and sweet that he could not believe it when you had told him that you were single. You brought out a side of him that he did not think existed.

There were times where you surprised him with your sassy nature, but then again you always surprised him whenever you placed your trust in him. Whenever you would smile that sweet smile of yours that made him crumble on the inside.

It made him feel more horrible that he never told him who he really was. What he really was.

Months after your first meeting, he had decided to tell you the truth.

Walking into the door, you shot up from the display case and smile directly at your favorite customer/friend which made his nerves grow stronger.

He was glad that there was no one else today. He did not like to make a scene.

Wiping your hands on your apron, you sang happily. "Hey Bruce. Guess what I made today? Your favorites. Chocolate chip cookies and S'More cupcakes."

He gave a small smile. "Thanks but maybe later. I have something to tell you." He could feel his hands shaking wildly.

Your smile transformed a worried expression. "Bruce what's wrong?" You walked around the counter and approached him. "What is it? You can tell me anything."

"I am just worried how you are going to take it."

You took his hands and gave it a slight squeeze. "Bruce just tell me. I'm sure it's not as bad as you think."

There was a heavy silence that fell upon them.

Bruce cleared his throat. "Well...I am not actually who you think I am. I become something really awful and horrible. I have destroyed many lives because of what I become. Have you heard of the Hulk?"

He did not hear anything so he looked up and was once again surprised by the compassionate stare you have given him. Your hand went up to his face and stroke it with your thumb. "Yes I have but Bruce I know that. I have known for a while, but I was waiting until you were ready to tell me yourself."

"Wait you knew? How?"

You raised your eyebrow. "You do know that a couple of years ago they realized all the SHIELD files to the world, which included your identity. It was not hard to put two and two together."

Once again silence fell as he processed this information.

"So does this mean that you don't care about the Other Guy? What I am?"

"Bruce you are not a what. You are a who. A human being. A man who has captured my attention since the day he walked into my little bakery. A man who is possibly the sweetest and kindest person I had ever know. Someone who has my heart. As for the Other Guy, I am sure I will like him just as much since he is you."

Now it was your turn to be surprised by Bruce as he kissed you gently but passionately, revealing all the love and compassion he has for you in that one simple kiss.

Once he released you, he smiled at you. "You never cease to surprise me."

And from that day on, you two had formed a beautiful relationship filled with love and all of sweets.