Bruce X Reader: My Colonel Brandon (R.I.P Alan Rickman)

A/N: Hello my dearest readers! I know many of you were possibly expecting a Falcon one-shot due to my last post, but I wanted to do something to honor one of the greatest actors that had ever lived: Alan Rickman. 

I loved him both as a man and an actor. While many may know him for his work as Professor Snape (I loved him in that too), my favorite role of his was as Colonel Brandon from Sense and Sensibility

Enjoy everyone!

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Your eyes froze on your phone screen. You could not believe what you have been reading.

Bruce happened to walk into the room while you were in this state of shock. The gamma radiation scientist was growing more concerned as your frozen state prolonged much more than he had anticipated. He approached you cautiously and placed a hand on your shoulder, which thankfully brought you back to reality. He asked, "(Y/N), are you alright?"

You shook your head a little. "No. I had just found out that Alan Rickman died."

Doctor Banner looked at you with confusion and said nothing.

Your eyes widened. "Really, Bruce? You have never heard of Alan Rickman?"

He rubbed his neck awkwardly. "I don't really pay much attention to that kind of stuff. Besides I have usually in remote places that do not have connection with the outside world."

You could not believe what you were hearing. "Please tell me you have at least seen the Harry Potter movies?"

"Yeah. We all just rewatched with them again for Steve, Bucky and Thor," He replied, remembering how many times everyone had to tell the god of thunder that Voldemort was not a real threat to the planet. 

"He was Professor Snape."

"Ohhhhh.........." He reminded the actor now. 

You smiled slightly. It was times like these when Bruce was too adorable and cute for words. She had not always seen the genius in that light since she was fixated on her ex-boyfriend for such a long time. Thankfully, Bruce was there for her in that dark mournful time. In the midst of your sorrow, you had gotten really sick from crying in the rain for so long. 

Once again, Bruce saved her again with his skills as a doctor. From that moment on, he had taken a special part in your heart. 

You stood up and went over to your bookcase of movies. "I am about to watch my favorite character portrayal of his now. Would you like to join me? Unless you have more work to do...." You trailed off, not wanting to disturb or bother the man.

Bruce gave a small uncertain smile. "I guess I should take a break."

His uncertainty was wiped away once you beamed at him brightly. "Great! Would you please make some popcorn while I get the movie?"

Once he had returned to the couch, you had not only put in the movie but wrapped yourself in a nice blanket with the remote on hand. Banner's confusion was evident when he saw the DVD menu. "Sense and Sensibility? I had thought you were going to put on Harry Potter or something else."

"While I love him in Harry Potter, I find his character in this movie to be very endearing. I don't know there is something about Colonel Brandon that I cannot help but love." You explained once you finished your handful of popcorn. 

 Once you had spread the blanket more so Bruce can get some, you had pressed play. 

....................................................................................................

As the movie was progressing, Bruce cannot help but see the similarities between his relationship with you and Brandon's relationship with Marianne. Both men had fallen for young women who were way out of their leagues from the very first moment they saw them. Though the older men were always polite and kind to them, they never saw themselves worthy of them. It made matters worse when the women were in love with another man. 

The comparisons were much longer than mentioned but the point was Bruce had gotten so much hope that perhaps you felt the same way as he did. Not only your love for the character was evident, but you were very closer to him. You had laid your head down on his shoulder and cuddled up into him. His heart raced faster at the sudden contact. 

Once the movie was done, you looked up at him while still being on his shoulder. "So Bruce what did you think of the movie?"

He returned the gesture. "It was a very good. I can see why you like Alan Rickman in this movie than in the Harry Potter series."

"Yes I love Colonel Brandon."

If Brandon could have such a happy ending with the girl of his dreams, then why could he not have the same?

With your (y/e/c) eyes looking up at him and your lovely smile, he had decided to take a risk. Bruce bend down his head slightly and pressed his lips against your own. You were shocked by the shy man's actions and yet you could not hide your feelings any longer. You eagerly returned the kiss. 

Needing to breathe, both parties had pulled away from one another with big smiles on their faces. 

Having red painted on his cheeks, Bruce asked nervously. "Does this mean that-"

You pecked him on the lips. "Yes. I love you too my dear Colonel Banner." You said in a rather serious yet joking manner. 

He chuckled as he wrapped his arm around pulling you closer into another kiss.

Yes you found your very Colonel Brandon and could not have been any happier.