Clint X Reader: The Tales of Robin Hood Part 2

A/N: Okay guys! First off, thank you so much for all the views! I got more views on this than my other story I'm working on. If you can please check out Becoming (W)hole Again on my profile, I'll really appreciate it, especially if you comment/vote on it.
As for this particular mini one-shot series, this is going to be the last part. I decided the other day it was better this way to only make it two parts.
I really hope you guys like this. I know I do.
Now let us finish the tales of Robin Hood.
.....................................................

It has over a month since your encounter with the famous thief that is Robin Hood and his Merry Men. You can still remember Prince Loki's fury at not only the archer taking his wealth from under his nose, but at Sheriff Tony for slacking on the job for some ale (thankfully the Sheriff had no recollection of what had happened that night, which made you relieved). When His Highness asked you about the intruder in your chambers that night, you immediately blamed it on the Sheriff for you claimed the individual looked a lot like him. Though Loki did not look like he believed your little lie, he still punished the Sheriff of Nottingham. That is what he gets for trying to seduce you all this time.

As for Robin...you sigh at the thought of him. He has been visiting every night since your encounter, secretly courting in the dark of night. Though you had warned him for the first few times that it was dangerous, Robin simply shrugged it off and stated that you were worth the risk. Honestly he was impossible at times and made horrible jokes, but despite his flaws (not just the ones you mentioned) you still fell for him. The special connection you two had grew stronger and stronger. It was as if the fates destined for this mate to happen. Your lady in waiting, Lady Sharon, called it soulmates.

This particular night you paced the floor anxiously. You had overheard Loki talking with some of his officials and advisors about a trap to capture and kill the wanted archer. Apparently, Robin can't resist an archery contest. The Prince will summon all the best archers from the kingdom to compete in an contest to settle once in and for all who is the best. The winner will receive one wish, anything their hearts desire and his Royal Highness will grant it. You prayed that Robin will not go. You couldn't bear the idea of something happening to your beloved.

A chuckle stopped your movements. "Love, if you continue to pace like that, I'm afraid there will be a large hole in the floor."

You turned around and saw Robin leaning against your wall near the balcony. He walked over to you and kissed you softly on the lips. "What's the matter, love?"

And that's when you told him about Loki's plan. You saw the intrigue in his eyes and narrowed your own. "Robin of Locksley, don't even think about participating. You know very well as I that this is a trap to capture and kill you. You promise me on your honor that you won't go."

Robin nodded. "Alright, I promise you won't go."

For a moment, you almost fell for it. "Nice try, Locksley."

He laughed. "You can't blame a man for trying."

"Robin I'm serious. Please don't go. I don't have enough power to stop him if he tries to do something. Please I beg of you." You're on the verge of tears at the thought of him dead and living the rest of your days alone without your soulmate.

He soften at the sight of your sadden state. He wiped the tears from your eyes with his thumbs and kissed your hairline as he cradled you in his arms. "Shh...everything will be alright. I promise dearest. I promise I won't go."

You immediately calmed down at the sound of his promise to you. The rest of the night was spent enjoying each other's company. You could sleep well that night knowing Robin wouldn't walk into his doom.