Vision X Reader: Rain and Tears

A/N: OMGOOOODDDNEESSS!!!! I FREAKING LOVE YOU GUYS!!! 100 VOTES!!!! That is so epic! Thank you so much to that! You have no idea how much that means to me! Okay Sarai take a chill pill....okay I'm good now. Lol I am so glad you guys love these one-shots so much.

Since many of my votes have come from the ones with Vision, I have decided to treat you all with another one. 

Warning: There will be a lot of feels with this, since I got inspired by the musical Les Miserables. If that  doesn't give you a hint, I don't know what will. 

Okay now let's do this. 

............................................................................................................................................

Killing another opponent, you were breathing heavily at all of the corpses surrounding you. Though you have had many years of experience in the field, this was your first all team mission as an Avenger. You were holding your own very well, shooting and killing Hydra agents at all sides, while keeping your eye on a certain someone.

You and Vision had been partners for a while now. He was your first and only, since you two together worked swimmingly and always accomplished the tasks at hand. Off the field, you two were very close. You found his purity and optimism about life to be refreshing. His powers were amazing. Plus you thought it was pretty awesome that he could lift Thor's hammer. 

You were like best friends. You two did everything together. From reading to playing vary of games (you shouldn't be surprised that he beat you at every video game, but it was still unfair), you two enjoyed each other's company so much. It gotten to the point where you realized your feelings have escalated more so than you would have liked. 

Sure Vision was a gentleman, a great listener, passionate, compassionate, good conversationalist, idealistic, charming, sweet......................but you did not want to fall for him. You treasured him too much to lose him as a friend if things went horribly wrong. There was also the issue of you accidentally setting him up with your teammate, Wanda. 

One day, while the two of you were having lunch at the base, Vision noticed her come in and sit next to Steve. He immediately wanted to know who she was and meet her. You knew Wanda since after the battle in Slovenia and had gotten along pretty well. You shrugged your shoulders, not thinking much about the request, and introduced them to one another. Unknowingly, you had caused your demise.

You could tell by the look in their eyes that there was something there. A connection was formed that day when they had met. He spent a lot of time with her at the Tower and spoke of her very often. He thankfully never forgotten you and still spent time with you, but there were times that it would seem like he wasn't completely there. Like he would be lost in thought about something. 

Presently, you and the rest of the Avengers were fighting in the midst of a destroyed village in Europe where a Hydra facility was trying to hide themselves from the public eye. You all had underestimated how many were they, including their creations both human and robotic. You had no time to take a breath. There was always an agent, mutant, or robot that would be coming at you. Plus, you had to have your teammates' backs in case the enemy was sneaking up behind them. 

In your peripheral vision, you saw the newborn android was fighting off twenty men at once. You thought it was rather impressive, but then you saw something that caused your heart to stop. One of the robots had a giant spear/gun thingy and was point at Vision from behind. There was no one close enough to him to save him, so you did what you had to do.  You ran to the robot, killing every obstacle in your way, and reach for the weapon which at that point was fired. 

Immediately everything around you froze. You did happen to kill it by the time of the shot, but then you felt unusually coldness in your body. All of your worn out body grew fatigue and weak as you collapsed unto the ground, planting your face onto solid concrete. For the first time in your life, you felt no pain and yet everything was killing you. Blood started spilling rapidly. Your body wanted you to close your eyes, but you had to fight. You had to make sure he was safe. 

Vision had heard the shot and took out the last of his foes rapidly. He turned around to find you collapsed unto the pavement, slowly dying next to a dead robot corpse. Your skin had turned a ghostly color from your usual skin color. Your blood was covering your uniform. He could hear your heart beat growing slower and slower. It was not a sight Vision wanted to see; in fact it was nightmare come to life.

He had grown to love you as time passed, but never said anything for he knew he was not worthy of your affections. You were beautiful in more ways than can be put into words. Vision longed after you for such a time. When he met Wanda, he asked for the young witch opinion and sought for counsel. She was his counselor and gave him encouragement to do something, since she knew that you had feelings for him as well. 

Vision always wanted to protect from harm, from every mission the two of you would go on, but the one time his back was turned you were laying there waiting for death to come and take you. A sudden emotion hit him hard, wanting his tears to spill. He tried to stay strong as he flew to you quickly, calling a medic unto the field and alerting the team of what had happened. Vision laid down next to you and pulled you to him. "Don't worry, (Y/N). Everything will be alright. Help is on its way."

You looked at him through the spinkles of rain falling from the ground and smiled weakly. You touched his hand, causing him to jump at the sudden and unnatural coldness. "Vision, I do not think they will get here on time." You said with a broken voice. 

The rain was coming down harder as well as Vision's eyes became to water. He tried to cover you from it with his cape, but you shook your head. "A little rain can hardly hurt me now."

It suddenly hit him that you were dying in his arms. This caused the android to let out his first tears since he was born. "Please, (Y/N) stay strong. Stay awake please. A medic is on their way. Please I beg of you. Don't die on me." He desperately begged.

You smiled weakly, slowly reaching for his cheek. "Vision, I lo-" 

Your hand went limp as did the rest of your body. You were dead in the arms of a broken-hearted man, who have loved you this whole entire time. 

If only had he told you the truth of his feelings. 

....................................................................................................

Alternative Ending:

The first time you heard was a beeping sound. You slowly opened your eyes and found yourself in a hospital. You had thought you had died, but what you did not know was that the shot had not hit your heart. It had missed by a few inches, but it was enough to save your life. 

You had tried to sit up, but groaned in pain. What had happened hit you like a truck. All the pain you had not felt on that day was coming now. A voice said breathlessly, "(Y/N)!"

Your eyes went towards the door way, where Vision stood in total shock with a bouquet of (your favorite flowers) in his hand. You saw briefly a series of flowers on your nightstand, but your main focus was on the man you loved. Barely a second had passed before Vision had ran over to you and hugged you tightly, softly crying into your shoulder. He kept saying, "I am so sorry, (Y/N). I am sorry. If only I had paid attention."

Though your pain was killing you, you pushed them as you wrapped your arms around him. Calming him down with your hug and your reassurances, his hold on you loosen and went back a bit. His hand was on your neck as he looked at you with red eyes. "I wish I had told you sooner, my dear, but I was scared. I am no longer in fear of might happen. I must tell you how much I love you, (Y/N). I have always loved you. You are life itself. Without you, I have nothing."

You were crying at his words, being moved by the sincerity and passion of his words. "I love you too, Vision."

He gently but firmly placed his lips onto your own, sealing your love for one another in that small reassuring gesture. It was from that day on you two were a couple hopelessly in love with one another.