Bucky X Reader: Ballerina

A/N: I watch Fantasia 2000 recently and thought it was still amazing after all these years. So I got inspired by this particular scene to write this one-shot. 

Enjoy!

Don't forget to comment!

.............................................................................................................................................

After running 15 miles with Sam and Steve, Bucky passed Sam and Steve for like the 11th time and said, "On your left."

Sam cursed while Steve just tried to move faster. Somehow, all three soldiers collapsed onto the ground. The two of them saw this as their chance to beat the new addition to their morning runs and immediately ran, leaving Bucky in the dust.

Chuckling at the sight, the sadness he had pushed back for months came back again. Though he was glad to his best friend back in his life, James still felt extremely lonely. No one had truly understood what it was like to be the Winter Soldier for all those years. Natasha has been helpful and surprisingly sympathetic, but he figured out that he needed something more. Companionship. Love. 

He saw everyone was paired up on the Avengers. Thor had Jane, Clint had Laura and the kids at home, Steve and Sharon were finally dating, Tony and Pepper were going strong (though she has been hinting at marriage), Natasha had finally found the right guy for her recently, and Sam had recently made it official with his girl. Though Bruce was still single, no one knew where he was now. 

Suddenly, something caught his eye. Or rather someone. Bucky walked across the street and looked through the glass, seeing a beautiful young ballerina practicing her moves. Someone whispered harshly behind him, "Don't touch what's not yours, boy."

Turning around, Bucky saw no one was behind him. A part of him wanted to look for the man that had said that, but the other part of him was captured by the majestic (y/h/c) haired beauty, dancing her heart away. His nerves were on an all time high. Though he was kind of a big deal in the forties, he had no idea of how to approach the ballerina. Seeing a flower shop next door, an idea popped. 

Meanwhile, you were running your routine through for the three time that day. You were finally given the chance to be the lead of the upcoming ballet. You wanted it to be perfect. Plus this was the only time of the day you knew of that you didn't have to deal with a certain creeper your co-workers have tried to set you up with. Banishing thoughts of him, you noticed someone at the door.

You stopped what you were doing and got a better look of the man. He was extremely good-looking and by the looks of it, had just finished his workout for the day. He was wearing a tight work shirt that revealed all his muscles, grey sweats, and Nike sneakers. He had short brown hair and lovely brown eyes you could just drown in. He had one of his arms behind his back.

The handsome stranger revealed his metal arm, which of course caught you by surprise, and a single (your favorite flowers). By the looks of it, he was extremely nervous. You smiled gently and walked up to him. Clearing his throat, he finally spoke. "Hi, I was just passing by and saw you dancing and wanted to meet you. Hope you like this flower."

You already loved this man. His sweetness and thoughtfulness made your heart awed. Taking the flower from him, you sniffed it and sighed happily, causing the tension in his shoulders to ease. You looked at him with your (y/e/c) and smiled. "I love it. It's actually my favorite. Thank you for both this and your compliment. It was very sweet of you."

He smiled back at you. "Glad you like it. I'm Bucky."

"Nice to meet you, Bucky. I'm (Y/N)." You placed the flower securely in your hair, which of course made Bucky's smile widen. 

As he reached for your hand to kiss it, you smiled playfully as you danced away from him before he could do it. Bucky smiled at the game you were playing. You spun away a few times and waited for him to make your move. Two can play at this game. He disappeared from your sight and tapped your shoulder, causing you to turn. Then tapped the other shoulder, causing you to spin only to be directly in front of him. 

Seeing him smile in such a charming way, you blushed and spun away once to put some distance between you two. Taking out your hand for him to kiss, Bucky saw this as his opportunity and rached for it. Then suddenly someone swung at him, hitting his jaw.

Bucky immediately got up and saw a creepy older man with a strange beard and craze look in his eye. Then the stranger said, "Told ya boy. Don't touch what doesn't belong to ya."

You exclaimed as you helped Bucky up, "How many times I have told you, Edward? I am not yours."

James tried to protect you by putting you behind him. "I suggest you leave the young lady alone."

"Not gonna happened sunshine." He swung at Bucky again, but missed. This immediately led to a fight. Or rather, an easy fight for Bucky. After getting tired from putting all his strength and using his tricks that Bucky knew from off the bat, Edward got knocked out and fell unto the ground with a bunch of bruises unconsciously.

Dragging the man outside, Bucky went back to you and asked, "Are you alright?"

You nodded. "I should be asking you that."

"I am fine, don't worry about it." Pushing a lock of your hair behind your ear, Bucky got lost in your eyes. "How about we get out of here and get some brunch? I know this place a few blocks from here."

You smiled. "I would love to."

You let your hand once again, only for Bucky to hold it this time. 

This was possibly best day for the both of you. 

.......................................................................................................................................

A/N: Yeah, I don't know how I feel about this one. Definitely need your comments on this one.