Avengers X Reader: Your Secret Admirer (Bucky)

Where we last left you off, you were in the park waiting to the secret admirer who had been sending you all the beautiful letters and thoughtful gifts.

Now let's back to the action shall we?

.........................................................................................................

You decided to sit down on the bench for your date. It was a few minutes later until you felt someone's presence behind. As soon as they touched your shoulder, you knew who it was causing you to blush and smile. You turned around to find the handsome and incredibly charming James Buchanan Barnes who just likes to be called Bucky.

After you had been assigned to the team, Steve saw that you were loyal and can be trusted so he asked if you meet him later privately in your apartment. You discovered that the Winter Soldier was Steve's best friend from back then and has gone off the map completely. He was hoping that you would join him and Sam in order to find and help Bucky.

You agreed in a heartbeat and went to work. You were able sneak into the databases and hacked a few computers and satellites. It took you a few hours but you were able to find Steve's friend. The three of you traveled to the unknown and isolated location. You told the boys to wait and let you approach him first to make sure he was not dangerous or attack anyone.

You went in and saw that a broken man attached to machine holding his metal arm down. Slowly you were in front of him and crouched down. You inquired gently, "James? James Buchanan Barnes?"

He looked up at you with those dark sad eyes. Something in them seemed to lighten a bit and briefly when they locked on your (y/e/c) eyes. "I guess that is my name."

"I am here with Steve, Steve Rogers. Your best friend," You paused for a moment to see for any negative reactions or signs of trauma. You saw none so you continued. "I am going to get him and his friend Sam so you all can talk."

"Will you still be here?" You were shocked by his question, but your heart warmed a bit.

You smiled and nodded, causing a flicker of a smile and relief to appear on his face.

And you would continue to always be there for Bucky for the days to come. You had protected and defended Bucky from those who wished him harm even if it had met your own team mates. You were there for him when he had his episodes, calming him down and bringing him back to reality. Plus you had helped him with talking about the past and present, recovering his memories and himself. You were even there for him when he slept since he would not nightmares or scream in sleep in your presence. If he did, you immediately were to soothe him.

Slowly all the cracks were showing revealing the true and amazing Bucky you knew that was always there. This broken man was no longer broken, but he insisted you would still be there for him. Between you, Bucky and Steve you all became the Three Musketeers.

In midst of all this, you were slowly beginning your downward ascent into love. You knew he was not perfect. You knew that he would still have his episodes. You knew the Winter Soldier would always be there. Yet despite it all, you still wanted to be with him. You loved him with every fiber of your being.

Because of your love for him, you knew that you had to push your feelings aside for him. He needed a friend right now. He did not need a romantic relationship. Besides there was no way that he would feel the same way towards you.

Well that was until you got touched by a metal hand on your shoulder, waiting for your secret admirer.

You looked at him with a soft smile. "Hey Buck. What are you doing here? I thought you said you had plans."

Before the last letter came to your door, you had asked Bucky if he wanted to join you in your historical romantic period movie marathon for Valentine's Day. He said that he had already had plans and had certain things to deal with.

Bucky returned it with a nervous smile of his own. "Well I was not lying about that. I had to make plans and set some reservations for our date tonight."

Silence fell upon you two.

You spoke first. "You wrote me all those letters? Sent me all those gifts?"

He only responded with a nod, all while looking down.

"Bucky why aren't you looking at me?" You inquired as you approached him.

Taking a deep breath, Bucky took your hand in his metal one. It was nice and cold, but was never unpleasant to you. "I am afraid to see your rejection and disgust on your face. It would break me to see that."

"Bucky have you ever thought for a moment since you met me that I would be that cruel and heartless?"

He immediately shook his head. "Of course not. You are always so sweet, kind and patient with me. You have the biggest heart of anyone I know. It's one of the reason I fell in love with you."

Your heart swelled hearing such a confession. You cupped his cheek and stroke it. "Bucky can you please look at me?" You asked gently.

He did as you said with slight fear in his eyes.

You leaned in as you said, "I love you too Bucky."

You pressed your lips against his unleashing all of your love for him into that simple gesture. He froze for a moment but immediately kissed you back with ferociously and passionately. It was probably the best kiss you ever had in your life.

Bucky pulled back, knowing you both need to breathe after that intense kiss. His eyes once laced with fear were filled with such love and adoration that it overwhelmed you. He asked breathlessly, "Does this mean that you will be my girl?"

You nodded with a big smile. "Definitely. I am with you Bucky til the end of the line."

Kissing you once more, he smiled at you. "I love you so much (Y/N)."

"I love you more."

"Impossible." He smirked at you.

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

A/N: Man I enjoyed writing this one for our beloved Winter Soldier. I cannot wait for Civil War.

Hoped you guys liked it.

Please comment and vote on it. I would really appreciate it.

Fairfarren my dears! :)