Bucky X Reader: Right Here Requested by @XXanimeseeker22XX

A/N: I have received yet another request from XXanimeseeker22XX who wanted something a little special for our favorite Winter Soldier. Thanks for the request and sorry about it being a little late. Enjoy!

WARNING: Mentions PTSD and slight self harm

............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

You were shooting the enemy from the sidelines. Being one of the best of your squadron, you had shot down thirty enemy soldiers within the past five minutes. Your squad and other troops was supposed to protect innocent villages in the area from being killed by the enemy.

Your partner covered your back as you did theirs. Suddenly your partner saw a little boy in the middle of the marketplace when he was supposed to be home. He shouted, "(L/N)! The boy must have gotten lost before the battle. I need you to cover my back."

"I gotcha, Anderson!" You shouted back in the midst of the noise.

You both ran over while shooting at those who noticed two moving targets.

Anderson grab the child and moved him into a building as you were fighting off and shooting other targets. Then suddenly you got shot right in the back.

Your partner noticed and screamed, "(L/N)!"

You struggled to get up as you said, "Get the child to safety!"

He struggled a bit and nodded, running the child away from the scene.

You tried to escape, but you got shot a few more times causing more blood to spill.

You collapsed on the ground in immense pain.

Your body was having seizure like attack. You could not feel anything in your lower back or legs.

The pain was unbearable.

You were screaming so loud, wailing as the pool of your blood grew and surround your fading body.

"(Y/N)!"

"(Y/N)! Wake up! Come on wake up!" Someone shouted at you, shaking your body.

You gasped and woke up in a sweat, breathing heavily. Your eyes became focused and saw that it was your team mate and friend, Bucky Barnes who had woke you from yet another nightmare.

Usually it was you who saved him from his own nightmares and/or when the Winter Soldier within him would come back.

That nightmare was reality for you.

You had several bullet shots which completely knocked you out cold. You thought you were going to die. Many people thought you were going to die, even your doctors.

Yet you did not die at the battlefield nor in the hospital where you were in a coma for several weeks. You were still very much alive.

It had took you a while to get used to civilian life. You had methods of trying to get out of those flashbacks. Though you had got a job and was back with your family, you could not be with people. You were still very jumpy and paranoid, getting hostile every time someone asked you an innocent question.

Your therapist recommended group therapy for veterans. That is where you had met your good friend and Avenger, Sam Wilson. He had helped you every step of the way.

Then Steve Rogers came into your lives.

Thanks to your skills and resourcefulness, as well as Sam's Falcon suit, the three of you had helped take down Hydra and SHIELD altogether.

Steve needed your military background as well as your secret past with your father being an ex-assassin to help find his friend. Your tracking skills led them to his long lost friend.

And the rest was history.

Bucky was a surprise for you. He turned to be a good friend for you in more ways than you can count. He was incredibly funny and such a flirt which you knew was in good fun. You two were as thick as thieves.

Lately your nightmares had returned gradually where Buck would wake you up and comfort you, making sure you did not hurt yourself again.

You sobbed slightly. "Bucky..."

He held you tight as he took you into his embrace. As he rocked you back and forth, he let out some calming noises while saying, "It was all dream. It's over now. I've got you."

You slowed stopped crying into his shirt and looked up at him. "Does it get any better?"

With his years in the military, the Howling Commandos and being the Winter Soldier, Buck had it rougher than you with his PTSD. You always admired him for his strength. It was one of the many things you liked about him.

He sighed. "It does some days while others are still pretty bad. I'm not gonna lie to you and say it goes away, but you will be able to have a better hold on it in time. It never goes away but you will be able to fight it. I know you will."

You snuggled into his chest. "I don't know what I would do without you."

"Don't worry. I got you." Bucky responded gently as he kissed the top of your head.

You both stayed there in each other's arms even when sleep took over you both.

Neither of you had nightmares that night since you had one another.

All of the both of you could ever need.