Chapter 1

"Skylar Abbey Daniels! Get out of bed this instant!"

I'm awoken to what sounds like a dying cat.
But when I open my eyes, it's just Mrs. Jones, the cranky, old orphanage owner.

I look at my clock. "It's not 6:00 yet! We don't get up before 6:00!"

"We do today! We have a person coming in to adopt!" She shrieks again and I mentally groan.

So? I think as I'm getting out of bed. It's not like us older ones are going to get adopted. The people only choose the cute, young ones.

I grab my clothes and face away from the other girls in my dormitory. Even though I've known them for most of my life, I'm still not comfortable about getting changed facing them.

I get changed into blacks jeans, a purple off the shoulder shirt and purple converse. Grabbing my brush, I walk out the door, to the left and down to the community girls bathroom.

I decide to just put my hair into a side braid, down the right side of my body. After I finish, I just stand there, looking at myself in the mirror. Blonde hair that goes to my waist. A couple months ago, I decided to dip-dye the ends and ever since they've been blue. Brown eyes with long eyelashes. I don't have long legs but I have a tall body. Tanned skin from spending too much time outside.

Maybe today will be the day. I think and walk back to my bed. Maybe today I'll finally get adopted.

But then I shake that thought off.

I quickly rush outside to where everyone else is standing in lines.

The way the adoption thing works is that all the kids stands in lines: Shortest at the front, tallest at the back. Then the couple or person walks in and inspects us. Like.... Show ponies.

We're show ponies, not them.

I stand at the back next to Penelope, my best friend at the orphanage. Today, she was looking very pretty. Her shoulder length brown hair was up in a ponytail, showing the hair that was dyed pink underneath. Her green eyes were sparkling with hope, I think everyone's eyes would be. Her long legs were being shown off by the jean shorts she was wearing, topped with a purple shirt and blue converse that were actually mine.

We share shoes, okay?

"Hey." She greeted me softly. Mrs Jones hates when we talk. Or laugh. Or walk. Or breath.

"Hey. Looks like we're matching, huh?" I point to her purple shirt.

"Guess so." She grins at me. Ever since I was dropped off here, we've been inseparable. She's only a few months younger than me.

"Okay kids. The person is here to pick one child. Everyone be on your best behaviour!" Mrs Jones put on her 'nice' voice.

The person walked in. The first thing I noticed was that they looked familiar. The second thing I noticed was that they were a girl. I know, a bit reversed.

The girl had really pretty brown hair and was wearing glasses. She was also wearing a beige coloured cardigan and blue jeans with beige coloured flats. I smiled my brightest smile at her.

"Hey guys!" She greeted and we all chorused a hello in reply. "I'm the one adopting you, but I will rarely be he one looking after you. I'm adopting you for someone else but they're a bit.... Busy." I nod and see everyone do the same. "My name is Esther, by the way."

It hits me with a bang. I suddenly realise where I've seen her. I feel like screaming like a fangirl but I can't do that. Instead, I look at Penelope and see her just smiling at Esther. She doesn't recognise her.

I nudge her and she glances at Esther who is down the other end of the line, looking at the little kids, before glancing at me. "What?"

"Esther." I say and she raises an eyebrow.

"What about her?"

"Esther Kaplan." I whisper-yell.

Penelope's eyes widen so much, I now have a feeling they're going to pop out.

"Ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod." She whisper-yells.

Esther starts walking up this end of the line and we have to calm our selves. "Sadly, little ones, the people wanted an older child so I'm afraid I can't pick you." There's a couple of silent, defeated sighs coming from the front row and me and Penelope glance at each other. There aren't that many older kids at the orphanage.

Mrs Jones huddles all the younger ones over to one side, which only leaves 5 people left, including me and Penelope. 2 girls, 3 boys.

Esther's eyes glance over everyone else's eyes and they linger on mine before moving onto Penelope. She hesitates before slowly saying,"I think I've made my choice." She then leaves to Mrs Jones' office to sign the paperwork for the adoption. Me and Penelope turn to each other and start jumping up and down, squealing.

"Oh my goat, we just met Esther Kaplan!" She squeals but I can't even speak.

When I was 7, I discovered a band called Pentatonix. I was obsessed with them ever since I first heard them. I then promptly showed them to Penelope who wasn't as obsessed with them as me, but she liked them. There was one member of PTX (Pentatonix) who I was obsessed with the most; Scott Hoying. Man, all I can say is: He's one hot singing noodle.

Off track. Anyway, we had just started the maniac laughing stage of the "fangirl routine" when Mrs Jones walked back in with Esther.

"Miss Daniels," She said sharply. I immediately let go of Penelope's hands.

"Yes, Mrs Jones?" I asked politely. Hey, she may be annoying and a she-devil, but she feeds us.

"Promptly pack your bags please. You'll be missed."

PTXPTXPTXPTXPTXPTPTXPTXPTXPTXPTXPTX

Hey guys! This is/was the first chapter of Adopted by Pentatonix.

I hope you liked it, if you did please vote, it makes me write more for you guys. For notifications on when I update, you can go to my page and follow me.

This book will probably have slow updates, but I will try to update whenever I get a chance.

Love you guys!

-Drowning_In_Love❤️

Twitter: @PhotographyNerd

P.S If you have any fanart, you can just send me it on my Twitter which I listed just above^