Chapter 16

This chapter is dedicated to Clemonlime They have amazing books, please go check them out. Thanks for being there Clem :3

|||||

Recap:
He clears his throat before flipping his hair and pushing it to the side. "I didn't get to properly introduce myself," he says and holds out a hand. I take it in mine, using the other one to take another sip of my milk. "I'm Scott."

A waterfall of chocolate milk lands on his pants as I spit it out in surprise.

*****

{20th November, Friday. I'm so sorry for the time-skips}

'My friends don't walk they run,
Skinny dip in rabbit holes for fun.
Poppin' poppin' balloons with guns,
Getting high off helium.' I hum a Melanie Martinez song as I sit on the grass near the bus stop.

"Blue!" I cringe and turn to face brown hair. When I spat the milk on him yesterday, he went home and I hadn't seen him at all until today. Mitch and Lexi were laughing at me for the rest of the day, obviously.

"Uh, hey Scott. If this is about the jeans I can definitely buy you another pair, not a problem. It's just, I know another person called Scott and it's kinda hard to explain but yeah, I'm really sorry-" He cuts me off with a shake of his head.

"It's fine," he says and I bite my lip.

"Are you sure? Because I can easily-"

"I'm sure," he reassures me. "I just came over here to ask i-if you wanted my number?" He stammers the slightest and I grin.

"Sure." I grab my phone and hand it to him and then I grab his phone and type my number in under the name Blue💙 and hand him back his phone. I grin when I see he's entered it under Scotty❤️.

"Somebody already took the crown emoji so I chose a heart." He says and pockets his phone. I laugh and remember Mitch G putting the crown.

"Skylar, our bus is here." Mitch E runs up and I nod.

"Bye Scott!" I call and he waves.

"Bye Blue! Bye Mitch!" He calls back and I notice Mitch widening his eyes a little bit but I brush it off.

"Come on," I say and grab his hand then drag him on the bus and plonk down on a seat near the front. "So, how was your day?"

"Okay," he replies vaguely and I notice him tug on the sleeves of his shirts, a move I remember all too well, and I gulp. "What were you and Scott talking about?"

"Oh uh-" I divert my gaze from his wrists to his face which is looking out the window. "Not much. We swapped numbers."

I watch his jaw clench and his eyes narrow. "Mitch?"

"Of course," he mutters. "Of fucking course!" He mutters louder.

"Mitch...." I trail off unsure. "Are you okay?"

"No! I'm not okay! I have been in love with him for 5 years and you come along and steal him!" He shouts at me and my face falls. "I've watched him go through girl after girl and when he finally notices me, it's because of you!"