Chapter 83

Dedication: ScomicheIshReal. Happy late birthday (even though I said it on the actual day)!!! You are definitely my scariest reader and if I choose one of the two endings for this story, I fear for my life ^.^

San Fransisco by 5SOS is actually my fucking jam.

Outer space/carry on by 5SOS makes my cry. Tbh, I might make it one of this book's songs. every song on SGFG makes me emotional im dead. I'm feeling like I'm in a 5SOS mood this century, you know?

I DELETED SOME OF THE RANDOM AUTHOR NOTES FROM THIS BOOK AND LOST AROUND 200 FUCKING READS I HATE LIFE

((You should share this story so I regain those reads😉))

[I'm working on a project that I think is going to flop but I'm kinda excited for it? I need someone's help though so if you'd like to maybe help, comment here? I only need one or two people...]

|||||

Recap:
Tears already spring to my eyes as I take in a deep breath before slowly walking to the door and knocking softly.

"Hell- oh."

I breathe in deeply. "Hello Mr Turner."

*****

"Skylar, what a surprise," he says and we stand there awkwardly for a minute. "Um, come in." He steps to the side and I gulp before entering the house. It's much messier than the last time I was here with cigarette butts and beer bottles everywhere. I glance at the older man, noticing his hairline retreating, making me wonder how old he actually is. His blue eyes appear dull, as if all the life has been sucked out of them.

"So, how are you?" He asks me awkwardly and I nod.

"I'm getting better sir. I'm having therapy sessions now and I'm slowly on the track to getting better." I reply and noticed him eyeing my tear-stained cheeks which brings my train of thought back to why I'm here.

"I'm assuming you want to see him?" He asks and I fidget with my hands.

"Yes please." I whisper and Mr Turner nods.

"You know where his room is. I'll be down here if you need anything."

I nod and slowly make my way upstairs.

Stopping at the closed door, I hear Bring Me The Horizon playing loudly.

I knock softly and wait patiently. He doesn't reply so I knock again, but louder this time.

"Fück off dad!" He shouts and I flinch back. I knock again though and I hear a loud groan before stomping and the door swings open, revealing the boy I had grown to love. "I said fück of- Skylar? W-what are you doing here?"

"Hi Shane," I whisper, hoping he'll hear me over Sleepwalking and I know he does when his breath catches in his throat.

"I- I'm sorry. I thought you were my dad," Shane apologises quietly and I shrug.

"It's okay." I reply and glance over his body, feeling him do the same for me. His clothes are rumpled and creased and I frown softly. When I look up at his face, I notice his lips are chapped and his hair is...

"You cut your hair?" I murmur and he nods. It's fetus Ashton Irwin length and if you don't know how long that is, the front part is at eyebrow length and the sides a bit longer but it's all pushed forward and puffed up.

{PIC ABOVE. IM LITERALLY SO BAD AT DESCRIBING HAIRSTYLES BUT SHANE LOOKS GREAT OKAY}

And it's then that I realize I can see both of his eyes for the first time. They're both a gorgeous mix of blue-green with flecks of indigo in them but they, like his father's, appear to have the life sucked out of them.

"Why are you staring?" He asks me insecurely and frowns, nervously playing with his fingers. "You don't like it?"

"It's different," I murmur and he sighs. "But it's a good different." I add and we both stop breathing for a second.

Suddenly his hand is on my cheek and gently stroking it.

"Why were you crying?" He murmurs and I shrug, avoiding his eyes. He pauses and ducks his head down to meet my eyes but I just look at the floor.

"I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you,
Cause I'll forget but I'll never forgive you,
Don't you know, don't you know,
True friends stab you in the front."

Shane spins on his heels and strides over to his CD player, turning it off. I glance around his room and frown, seeing beer bottles litter the floor everywhere.... except near my bag.

"Why'd you come here?" Shane asks, breaking the silence and my heart pinches, his cruel words flowing through my mind. "I mean," he rushes to add, seeing my expression. "Not that it's a bad thing, it's great, but I just- I thought you wouldn't want to see me ever again and I didn't think the band would allow it and-"

"The band doesn't know I'm here." I mumble and he stops talking. My mind races back to the sound my palm made when it hit Kirstie's cheek.

Like mother like daughter.

That bitch wasn't my mother.

Kirstie's my mother.

Tears spring to my eyes and Shane quickly runs over, pausing in front of me. I let out a sob before wrapping my arms around his torso and that's all he needs before he returns the gesture, pulling us closer together.

He gently kisses the top of my head and I cling to his shirt, sobs racking through my body.

"I'm sorry," I choke out. "I'm so sorry." His only response is to hold onto me tighter, that of which I'm grateful for.

I continue to cry into his chest for the next fifteen minutes or so before I finally begin to calm down. Shane's been stroking my hair the whole time, kissing the top of my head every now and then.

He gently tilts my chin up so I'm facing him and I wince and try to pull away; my eyes are all puffy and red, I can just feel it, and I'll be a snotty mess.

But he just ignores all that and gently kisses the tear stains on my cheeks.

"Beautiful girls shouldn't cry." He whispers.

PTXPTXPTXPTXPTXPTXPTXPTXPTXPTXPTXPTXPTXPTX

I had to end it there I'm sorry.

V v v v v short 😔

Lol that's what she said.

Ah.

I'm mentally six.

Anyway,
Vote•Comment•Follow•Share
But only if you like BMTH.

Love you guys!
-Kiss The Past Away💋

QOTC:
What's one thing you're looking forward to this year? Or, what's left of this year anyway.
- CHRISTMAS!1!!1!!! I AM THE #1 CHRISTMAS STAN WHOOOP

Twitter: @PhotographyNerd