Chapter 46

This chapter is dedicated to Mindly_Insane, golden_girl_fanfics and aliciapentaholic.

So, recently I've decided that this story is going to have a song. Like, a song that represents it. Leave your suggestions in the comments and I'll pick one or two (or, like, five) of my favourites❤️

Also, I'm probably only going to publish once or twice a week maybe three times a week because more than that is just way too stressful and I already have enough stress to deal with in my life. Maybe every Friday?

THIS CHAPTER IS SHORTER THAN MY ATTENTION SPAN

|||||

Recap:
Can I ask you something?" He asks after two minutes.

I nod. "Sure,"

He hesitates before replying. "Is it unreasonable to fall in love with someone you've never met?"

My tongue goes dry. I swallow and try to regain some moisture but it's not working. Shane and I maintain eye contact before I shakily whisper a reply.

"Of course not...."

Shane's eyes flicker with an emotion but it's gone too fast for me to see what it was.

"How do you know?" He whispers back and my heart rate increases before I reply,

"Because I've done that exact thing."

Shane starts grinning a grin that could make the Cheshire Cat jealous.

"Me too."

*****

"Once you fall for someone, you must fall for everything they are and everything they want to be. You can't just pick and choose what you love about them; either you do or you don't. Loving someone is hard and letting them love you is harder but once you open your arms it's definitely worth it."

{31st January, Sunday. 7:30am}

I take a deep breath before opening the door to my bedroom. I told Shane about not talking to any of the members and he encouraged me to tell that about what happened or at least leave my room. Dressed in grey sweatpants, Can't Sleep Love socks and a LDShadowlady sweater with my hair loose and falling around my face, I slowly pad down the hall, my stomach twisting nervously. Walking around a couple of boxed set to the side of the hall, I start the descent down the stairs, my eyes glued to the floor instead of looking around.

I hear a quiet gasp and look up slowly to see Kevin standing two steps below me. I swallow and feel shame flood into my stomach as I avert my gaze back to the floor. I hesitantly take a step down and don't hear him move. I watch his feet as I take another step down onto his step and he turns to let me pass. I force the tears away and slowly continue down the stairs. I feel his gaze burning into my back as I finish the staircase and continue my way to the living room.

Hearing laughter, I pause at the doorway, basking in the warmth of the sound. Heart clenching, I gently push open the door and the laughter immediately stops. I slowly look up, afraid of the looks on their faces. Scott, Mitch and Kirstie are all sitting on the biggest seat which seats four. Kirstie's on the left, then Mitch then a cap which Scott's knee occupies and then, obviously, Scott.

Tears fill their eyes as I slowly walk down and Scott quickly moves his knee when I hesitate in front of the sofa. I gently sit down and Mitch opens his mouth to speak but I shake my head and lean into Scott's chest, mentally cursing the tears flowing silently down my cheeks. Scott wraps his arms around me, as does Mitch and Kirstie hugs Mitch's back. Kevin walks in a couple seconds later and joins in, hugging Scott. Last but definitely not least, Avi walks in and hugs Kirst.