Chapter 53

This chapter is dedicated to everyone bc I love you all so much and your support almost makes me cry.

My chapters just keep getting darker and darker.
Update: so I just finished writing something and now I have to put a warning at the beginning.

|||||

Recap:
Lifting my hand up to knock on the door, I jump when the door flings open. A person walks out at full speed, not noticing me which is obviously a recipe for disaster. They bump into me and I squeal as we tumble down.

"Shít," a womanly voice cusses from beside me and I freeze.

No fucking way.

It's not.

It couldn't be.

"I'm so sorry," I apologise while standing up. The woman was facing the ground but she rolls over when I stand up and I lock eyes with someone I never wanted to see again.

My mother.

*****

GUYS GUYS GUYS WARNING
THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SUICIDE. IF THIS OFFENDS/UPSETS YOU PLEASE DO NOT READ.

My eyes widen and scramble away from her, ending up to the side of the door. Hanging my head, I let my hair fall in front of my face.

"That's okay, I guess." Mother replies and stands up just as someone else barges out of the door. I don't even have to look to know it's Father.

"What happened?" He roars and I wince at the familiar tone. It was the one he had used before he'd hit me.

"Don't worry Jim, it was my fault completely." Mother says and I gulp. My body starts to shake and black dots begin to blur my vision.

Oh God not now.

Anytime but now.

"What's going on?" Michelle's voice cuts through the silence and I suck in a deep breath.

Oh God, please don't say my name.

"Is that you-" she begins but my head shoots up quickly and I give slight rapid shakes of my head. "Jayde?"

I nod and, shouldering my bag again, brush past her and rush into the house.

"What's wrong with her?" I can vaguely hear father ask and I choke back a sob. I look around for a place to sit or lie down but all I come up with is doorways and tables.

"Nothing, she's a little shy." Michelle replies and I hear the door shut.

Dropping my bags, I run through a random doorway and end up in another room. I open the closet and squeeze myself inside.

Don't let her find you.

Pathetic.

They probably weren't even your parents.

My vision blurs again and I place a hand over my mouth to muffle the sobs. My chest constricts and I find it harder to breath but I don't leave the closet out of a fear that Michelle would find out about mother and father. Eventually, I pass out.