Chapter 79

I won runner-up in the Pentatonix fanfic awards for 'Best Adoption Book' so thank you so much. I lost to Deanne Adams so obviously I'm not upset, even getting runner-up is an honour <3 I love you guys.

Dedication: JUSTONEMOTHING because... I dunno. I love her. OH AND HER BOOK IS GAINING READS BY THE DAY GO READ IT >> All I'm Left With (ITS SCÖMÌCHE SO READ IT)

Sorry for that spill at the end of last chapter. I don't know why I wrote that.

MY PTX CONCERT IS SUPER SUPER #SOON. FIVE DAYS LEFT (roughly) AND IM FREAKING OUT.

I actually had to research stuff for this chapter - I'm super professional like that.

|||||

Recap:
He must think I'm asleep around ten minutes later when he begins whispering in my ear.

"God, I love you so much."

*****

Altschmerz
Weariness with the same old issues you've always had - the same boring flaws and anxieties that you've been gnawing on for years.

-----

{23rd June, Thursday}

When I wake up the next morning, Shane's still behind me.

Sleeping.

I hold my breath and stay with my head on his arm, placing my hand on his other arm which was currently wrapped around my waist.

I close my eyes and breathe in the familiar scent of my ex.

My ex.

Okay, so I'm not in the denial stage anymore.

Greeeeat.

A few tears escape my eyes and I curse myself for being so pathetic.

I feel stirring behind me and just lay there, not wanting this to end. I take another deep breath in, savouring the smell of Shane.

"Skylar?" Shane's husky voice enters my hearing and I almost shiver at how sexy it is. "I know you're awake, I heard you smell me." I can hear the smirk in his voice and I'm torn whether to try and force a smile or not.

I eventually choose not to and slowly sit up, avoiding Shane's piercing gaze.

"Hi," I whisper and he licks his lips as he sits up, drawing my attention to the plump, pink things. I quickly avert my gaze and move over on the bed slightly, creating more distance between him and I.

"Hey," he whispers back and I feel the air of unasked questions hanging between us. "I-" He cuts himself off and I wish he hadn't because now we were forced to sit in silence again.

"How's your nose?" I murmur and he hesitates before replying.

"It's fine."

My gaze slowly travels from my lap and up at his face. A very dark bruise spreads from across his nose and under his eyes, almost over shadowing his gorgeous eye.