Chapter 14

This chapter is dedicated to JackMcSweeny just for being there for me.

|||||

{18th October, Wednesday}

Honk!

I scream and sit up. My head snaps towards my door -- I swear I heard it crack -- and I glare at a grinning Mitch.

"Do you like it?" He holds up a blow-horn. Yes, a freaking blow-horn. "I got it from Alex."

I mentally curse Alex and swing my legs over the side of my bed, glancing at the time as I do so. "7:00? Why am I up so early?"

"You have your first day of school today!" He exclaims and I grin.

"I totally forgot!" I squeal and jump up. Mitch leaves my room so I can get dressed and I close the door behind him. Rushing over to my closet, I wonder how my day could go.

I groan as I grab our my uniform. Yes, my school has a uniform. For girls, when it's hot, it's a t-shirt with the school logo on it and black shorts or skirt and for when it's cold, long black pants (or shorts if you want) and a black sweater over the school shirt. For boys, it's exactly the same minus the skirt. Since it's winter, and I don't like long pants except jeans, I grab a pair of black shorts and the school shirt, along with a slightly oversized black sweater.

After getting changed, I grab my brush from the side of my bed and walk into my ensuite as I brush my hair. I hum First Things First as I put my hair into a high ponytail, and sigh at the slight curls. It's going to rain today; my hair gets curly before it rains. I walk downstairs after grabbing my phone and the school bag Kirstie and I bought when we went shopping for school supplies on Monday. Kirstie tried to convince me to get a more practical one but I had made my choice: a really cute Rilakkuma bag.

"Morning!" I chirp when I reach the kitchen.

"Morning!" Kevin, Avi and Esther chirp back.

"Where are the three musketeers?" I ask, referring to Kirstie, Mitch and Scott.

"Starbucks run." Esther replies, I nod and walk over to the cupboard.

"How am I getting to school?" I take out a box of Cap N' Crunch and a bowl, then grab a spoon and milk.

"The bus." Avi replies and steals my bowl, forcing me to grab out another one.

"Which is arriving in half an hour so you better hurry up." Kevin adds and steals my spoon. I narrow my eyes before grabbing out another one.

"I will if people stop stealing my breakfast stuff." I say just as the door opens and the other three walk in, all carrying Starbucks cups.

"Morning Lar!" Scott greets and I wave at them all.

"Ooh! Cap N' Crunch!" Mitch grabs the box and starts eating it. Kirstie and Scott also join in, leaving the crumbs for me.

"I'll just take an apple!" I cry out over everyone's laughter and walk over to the fridge, grab an apple and start eating it. "I'm going to get an education!" I call out as I walk out the door.

"Be home by tomorrow!" Calls out Mitch and I chuckle to myself as I walk down the driveway and stop just next to the road.

I finish my apple by the time the bus arrives and when the doors open, I'm thankful there's a bin inside the vehicle. I throw my apple core in the bin and the bus driver smiles at me.

"Newbie?" She asks with a slightly British accent and I nod, slightly nervous. "Name?"

"Skylar Daniels." I reply and she nods before checking it off in her little book.

"Have a seat darling." She says and I nod and turn to face the bus. At least 20 pairs of eyes are on me and I gulp nervously. I slowly make my way towards the first empty seat I see, and I almost make it, when the bus suddenly jerks forwards and I go flying. I brace myself for impact but someone grabs my arm. Okay, they don't stop me hitting the ground but they definitely slow down the fall.

A couple of people chuckle when I got the ground but only one person helps me up. I look up to see a boy my age smiling down at me.

"I'm sorry, I tried to stop you from falling but you had the force from the bus starting." He peers at me. "Are you okay?"

"I think so," I say quietly as I stand up and brush myself off, glancing around at all the people, some still sniggering into their hands, before looking back at the boy. "The only thing bruised is my ego. Can I sit next to you?"

He nods before moving over and taking his bag with him. "What's your name?" He asks me when I sit down.

"Skylar." I say with a weary smile.

"Don't worry, I'm not a laugher." He says and glances at the people behind us before looking back to me. "I'm Mitch."

I raise one eyebrow. "Mitch? Are you serious?" I repeat and almost laugh.

"Mitch." He confirms then furrows his eyebrows. "Why?"

"No, it's nothing, I just know someone called Mitch." I reply and he nods.

"What grade are you?" He asks.

"I'm in grade 9." I answer and he grins.

"Me too! I hope we're in the same class." He exclaims and something hits me about the tone in his voice and the way he talks.

"Uh Mitch?" I ask him and he turns to me and I notice him fixing his blonde hair. "Are you- I mean, do you- Uh..."

"Am I gay?" He asks and I nod, biting my lip. I hope I don't offend him if he isn't. "Yeah, no lady parts for me." He says smiling and I grin.

"We're here!" The bus driver calls and I hop up, Mitch on my heels.

"Stay with me?" I ask him and he grins at me.

"Sam Smith all the way baby."

PTXPTXPTXPTXPTXPTXPTXPTXPTXPTXPTXPTXPTX

Hey guys!

Do you guys like Mitch? I couldn't help myself. 😆

Vote•Comment•Share•Follow

Did anyone else see the Soap/Training Wheels double video thing by Melanie Martinez? 😍 Saw it, loved it, listening to it.

Love you guys!

~Drowning_In_Love❤️