Chapter 23

This chapter is dedicated to Beyoncé. I was singing at the top of my lungs to "Drunk in Love" and "Pretty Hurts" while writing this.

No explanation needed.

|||||

Recap:
I hum along with the lyrics and start checking my social media. Nothing exciting until I start scrolling through my mentions. Someone has sent me a link of another social media site, one I don't have called Pointers.

By the looks of it, it was a site where you could talk to other people from around the world.

Interested, I click on it and make an account under the name, Sup3rfruitler2013. I wanted to be treated like a normal human being in a site for once.

Keeping my music on, I lock my phone and fall asleep to the gentle sounds of River flows in you.

*****

{19th December, Wednesday. Nothing happened except school finishing}

"Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?"

"SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!" Mitch and I both shout at the TV.

"Guys, turn the news on." Avi rushes in and Mitch groans but does so anyway.

I gasp as the news shows pictures off a plane crash.

"No!" Mitch screams.

"No!" I scream and sit up with a start. Sweat drips down my forehead and the room feels stuffy. Taking in deep breaths, I swing my legs over the side of the bed. I check my phone for the time but sigh when it doesn't turn on; it's dead flat.

I get up from my bed and walk over to my closet. I grab out a pair of tights, sports bra and tank top.

In the past week, ever since that mall incident, I took up running. It was helping lose a bunch of weight, but lately it has become more tiring with the small amounts I was eating.

No one took notice. Of course, occasionally they would ask me why I had so much leftover food but that was about it.

I knew soon I was going to binge eat, especially as it was almost Christmas.

I frown at my thoughts and creep downstairs, glancing at a clock when I reach the bottom. 4:30am.

I grab a small bottle of water and exit the house.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

2 hours later, I return to the house covered in sweat and breathing heavily.

I rush inside and to the kitchen. I grab a glass and fill it with water, then gulp it all down. My water bottle was empty half way through my run and I wasn't going to stop.

Mitch comes down just as I finish the water and am starting in a second glass. Like usual, he raises an eyebrow at my attire. He didn't get the point of running and was confused as to why I would want to do it.

"How was the run this morning?" He asks and I nod, giving him a thumbs up. "How far did you run today?" I hold up 5 fingers. "Five miles?" I nod, drinking my third glass. "When did you wake up?" I hold up 4 fingers. "4am?" When I nod, his eyebrows shoot up. "Are you okay? You've been pushing yourself really hard lately...."