Chapter 77

Dedication: scomitroylonnor because I adore your username and your comments and you <3

I always hesitate to dedicate chapters to people sometimes because I don't know if they'll appreciate having a dedication on a bad chapter.

Lol my main crush (I have two including him) is sitting across from me and I'm living for it.
He's adorable when he sleeps.

|||||

Recap:
"Leave!" She screams loudly and I whimper. "I hate you! I want to die, let me fückíng die!" I just hold her tighter in response and she cries into my shoulder. "I just want to die..." She sobs and my heart clenches.

God, I love her so much.

*****

Skylar's POV

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Can someone turn off that alarm?

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Wait, I know that sound.

I force my eyes open and wince slightly at the bright, white lights. Cogs start moving in my head and I bend my arm and, sure enough, I feel the familiar IV drip. Licking my lips, I look around the white room in wonder.

Why am I here?

My gaze locks on something resting next to me and my breath hitches.

Shane?

It has to be.

I reach out with my left hand and softly brush my fingers through the hair.

It is him.

Tears form in my eyes.

Why is he here?

I jump when the door suddenly bursts open and a doctor walks in. I stare at him, immediately retracting my hand and resting it on my lap. He just walks around as if he's used to the routine. Eventually he must feel my gaze because his eyes flicker to me and his face shows surprise.

"Miss Daniels!" He exclaims and I put a finger on my lips, motioning to Shane.

He's insomniac and he's actually sleeping?

The doctor nods and walks to my side, the one Shane isn't on.

"W-what happened?" I croak and wince at the pain in my throat. The doctor frowns before handing me a cup of water. I grab it and gingerly drink it, the cool liquid soothing my throat.

"You don't remember?" He asks and I shake my head. "Hm. Do you know where you are, Miss Daniels?"

"Um," I look around. "Hospital?"

"Well, yes, but where?" He brings out a clipboard from his gigantic pocket and clicks his pen.

"I'm guessing Los Angeles?" I raise an eyebrow and he frowns.

"Miss Daniels, you're in Australia."

Australia? Why am I in Australia?