Chapter 35

This chapter is dedicated to myself, got posting three chapters. Yes, they were pre written but it's the thought that counts.

|||||

Recap:
I feel fresh air whip on my face but I'm still struggling to breathe.

Someone grabs my phone off my chest and immediately know it's Mitch; he's the only one who knows my password. A couple seconds later, he is places it back on my chest, speaker near my ear. How do I know?

I pass out to the sounds of Light In The Hallway.

*****

{Another mysterious time-skip 😬 Please don't hurt me}

".... happened to her?"

"I'm not too sure sir, but I might have a theory that...."

"How is that possible? She seemed..."

"Sometimes it's traumatic events that will...."

Voices fade in and out of my hearing range, along with a ringing noise -- a continuos type beep.

"How long will she..."

".... can't tell, sorry Ma'am. I'm going to give you his some alone time." Footsteps start up then slowly fade.

"It's all my fault...."

"Don't say that Scott."

"But it is."

"Scott, shut up."

"Mitch's right, it's not your fault."

"Tell me again why they didn't put a blanket on her?" I feel gentle fingertips on my forearm. "She's so cold..."

"They 'didn't want to cause irritation on her legs'? Though I don't understand why she'd have irritation on her legs."

I know.

Shut up...

You haven't told them yet Lar Lar?

Shut up.

Are you ashamed?

Shut up!

I must make a sound from the back of my throat because I hear everyone gasp.

"Oh my God Skylar," someone rushes up to me and hugs me, causing the headache, that I only just now notice I have, throb and another pained sound to come from my mouth. "Shit, sorry."

I slowly open my eyes and wince when the bright light blinds them. "Wa- Water..." I rasp and hold a shaky hand out. Someone quickly places a cup in my hand and I bring it to my lips, taking a drink. The cool water flows down my sore throat, making me feel the slightest bit better. I place the almost empty cup next to me and gently open my eyes.

"How are you feeling?" Kirstie asks me and quietly sits on the other side of the bed - the one that doesn't have the cup of water on it.

I shrug. "How long was I out?" I ask and they all glance at each other.

"You've been out for a week," Avi says.