Chapter 7

"Why would you do that to me?" I moan as I flop down onto the couch.

"Everyone was going to meet you sooner or later." Mitch said and sat down next to me.

"We just wanted it sooner." Kirstie adds.

I was just leaning back against Mitch when Scott bursts through the door.

"Where were you?" Kirstie asks and Scott grins at her before skipping over to me, his hands behind his back.

"What are you doing?" I ask him suspiciously and raise an eyebrow. I watch him pull out a box from behind him.

I look nervously at the blue gift-wrapped rectangle and grab it.

"Open it!" He insists and I slowly unwrap it to see an iPhone5S.

"Scott..." I breathe out and look up, seeing everyone grinning. "Were you all in on this?" I accuse and they nod. "You guys! I said I was saving up!" I leap up and open my arms wide. "Group hug!" The first one into my arms is Mitch who basically leaped from the couch up. Everyone else jumps up and I hug them tight.

I sniffle when I feel tears come to my eyes. Never when I was at the orphanage thought I would have been surrounded by people that actually loved me this much.

We eventually pull away and I notice everyone has either tears running down their face, or tears building up in their eyes.

"I love you guys so much." I sob out, tears fully streaming down my face.

"We love you too, Skylar!" They cry out and I wipe away my tears.

"Let's get some numbers in this phone now!" Kirstie says and turns it on. I see it's already been set up so all I have to do is change my background, set up games and social media and add contacts.

She goes into my contacts and adds her number under the name, Kirstie💁.

Mitch takes my phone and adds his number under the name Queen👑.

Kevin adds his under Cello🎻.

Avi with Aviously🍟.

Esther just puts Esther💖.

Scott shakes his head when Esther offers him the phone. "She already has my number, she can put it in there herself."

I blush as Esther hands me back my phone, mumble a 'See you later' and rush up the stairs to my room. Grabbing the piece of paper from my desk, I type in Scott's number under the name Scooter🍜.

I sit on my bed and go onto the AppStore. After downloading FaceBook, Instagram, Twitter, Vine and SnapChat, I start to set up my accounts.

I follow all the members on Twitter and I also follow Alex and Esther and Todrick and Tyler and-

You get the idea.

After a moment's pause I go onto Onision's page and follow him. As soon as I do, a list of who he follows pops up and I recognise Kamryn Jackson, Onision and Lainey's adoptive daughter.

I click on her page and smile. She's so pretty. I scroll through her tweets and laugh every now and then. I follow her and turn off my phone. I walk downstairs and start looking for the band members. I end up finding them whispering to each other in the kitchen. I didn't want to intrude so I knock and they stop whispering and turn to look at me.

"Hey!" Kirstie's the first one to greet me. The rest all greet me in turn.

"Did you set up your phone?" Kevin asks and I nod.