Chapter 17

This chapter is dedicated to aphroditeblue for her... Amazing (?) comment.

|||||

Recap:

"Mitch...." I say softly and he looks at me, a small smile playing on his lips but it soon falls when he notices my confused look and foundation covered finger.

He curses under his breath and jumps up as we reach our stop.

"Mitch!" I call out as he rushes away, off the bus.

I watch him walk away and the only thought running through my head is,

What is he hiding?

*****

{26th November, same day as last chapter, Friday}

Mitch avoided me for the rest of the day. I sat on one side of the room, Mitch sat on the other. I walked down a hallway, Mitch darted into the closet classroom. It sucked. Lexi still hung out with me though, so that's cool.

"Cloud!" Mitch G calls to me as I walk through the front door and I smile weakly at him, making his grin fall to a frown. "Little Cloud, what's wrong?" I glance around and, noticing the laughter of which I recognise as the rest of the band coming from the living room, I jerk my chin towards the stairs, silently telling him to go upstairs.

We make our way upstairs, whatever he was previously doing completely forgotten. When we reach my room, I throw myself into my bed and, after he closes the door, spill everything out to him.

"I would say that he was in a fight and didn't want anybody to know about it." Mitch says after a moments pause and I bite my lip. Who would he get in a fight with? "Either that or he has a pimple he's trying to hide." I throw a blank look to Mitch and he bites his lip, trying not to smile. "No, but seriously, I'm betting that he got into a fight."

I rub my temples and sit up. "Enough about me, how's your love life?"

He bites his lip and seems to think it over before replying. "It's not amazing, but I'm fine single."

"It's fine Mitch," I place a hand in his shoulder and he smiles softly at me. "You're going to meet the right one and all those Scömìche stories are going to come true." My eyes widen as soon as the words slip out of my mouth and so do his.

"What?" He asks and I furiously shake my head.

"Yep, coming Kirstie!" I call and Mitch grabs my arm.

"Kirstie went to Jeremy's."

"Did I say Kirstie? I meant Avi," I try to escape again but his grip just tightens.

"He's with Esther," Mitch says and I cringe. "Now, tell me what you mean."

"I- I can't," I stammer and he lets go.

"You're going to tell me," he stands up and I mentally curse. He's taller than me by around an inch.

I turn around and sprint out of the door, and yes, I almost ran face-first into it.