Chapter 1

3rd person POV
Stuttgart, Germany

A girl walked into the party alone. She had been invited by an old friend and agreed to meet up with her there. The girl had long brown hair that was pulled up in a simple, yet elegant bun and blue eyes. She wore a beautiful royal purple dress with an open back and low neckline. She also had tattoos of wings on her back. They were unusually detailed, beginning at her shoulder blades and going all the way down her back, coming to an end on her hips. The party had already begun by the time she arrived so it took her some time to weave through the crowd and find her friend. As she searched, her gaze drifted upwards and landed on a lone man standing on the next level, overlooking the party. The girl was immediately taken aback by how attractive he was, shoulder length black hair that was flipped out at the ends and a suit that brought out his light eyes. But the thing that caught her attention most was his cane. It was clearly just for show as the man looked to be in his twenties but it looked very expensive. It was made of gold and had some sort of glowing blue object at the top. The girl did not have much time to ponder the mystery man, as a voice called out to her from the crowd.

"Mira!"

"Emily!" They embraced. Emily was wearing a sleeveless light blue dress.

"How are you? We haven't seen each other in like forever!"

"Eight years to be exact." Emily rolled her eyes.

"Did you need to be exact? You just made me feel old!"

"Oh sorry!" Mira replied, her tone dripping with sarcasm.

"So what have you been up to lately?"

"Not much, I-" Mira was cut off by alarmed screams. Both girls turned just in time to see the mystery man from earlier flip one of the officials hosting the party onto a statue in the middle of the room. He acted strangely calm as he removed some sort of device from inside his suit. He pressed a button and the device expanded and showed some resemblance to a tripod. Then, without even the slightest hesitation, he brought the device down–unnecessarily hard in Mira's opinion–on the man's face. Instantly, the man began to writhe but he didn't make a sound. Even so, it was enough to cause the crowd to start running for the exit. The man looked up at the sound of their screams and his eyes met Mira's. Mira froze. His eyes were as blue as the ocean on a sunny day. For a moment, she forgot the chaos around her and the pain the mystery man was causing the german official.

"Mira! What's wrong with you?! Come on!" Emily grabbed her hand, pulling her out of her trance as they ran with the crowd out into the night.

Loki's POV
I watched in amusement as the pathetic mortals scrambled over each other to get to the exits. They were terrified. Perfect. They will not dare stand up to me. As I looked around, my eyes locked with the deep blue eyes of a mortal. She was beautiful, not a single strand of hair was out of place in her bun and the neckline of her dress dropped just low enough to tease. Unlike the others, she didn't run and I could not bring myself to tear my gaze from her. The mortal next to her grabbed her arm and yanked her away. The last thing I saw of her was the tattoo of a bird wing on her back. The Hawk should be in the vault by now so I let go of the puny mortal and began walking after the crowd. I transformed my clothes into that of my Asgardian armour. My transformation only seemed to make the mortals run faster. I herded them into the plaza across from the building, summoning three other copies of myself to keep the in.

Mira's POV
"Kneel before me!" I could not believe my eyes. The man was now dressed in some sort of ancient armour that was green and gold and held a golden scepter instead of a cane. Never in my life had I seen such power, this guy was for real.