Chapter 53

Happy birthday to the amazing Tom Hiddleston!

Mira's POV

When I woke the next morning, I felt more well rested than I had in a long, long time. My body was stiff and sore when I tried to move but for once, I didn't mind. It was a reminder of the wonderful night Loki had given me. He had been so gentle and so accommodating that it had brought me to tears. Tears that nearly made Loki stop altogether but I had managed to convince him otherwise. He had made sure I was satisfied and well taken care of before he even considered thinking of his own needs.

Next to me, I heard rustling and felt a pair of arms pull me into a very familiar, solid, masculine frame. Loki blew my hair off my neck and gently kissed the red, lip-shaped bruises he had left there.

"Are you sore?" His voice was filled with morning husk.

"Mm-hm."

""Forgive me," He murmured, "I should have been more considerate."

"No, Loki. You were perfect."

"Do you want a contraceptive potion?"

"No."

"You wish to conceive?" I turned over in his embrace, despite my protesting muscles, so we were face-to-face.

"No, I want to trust fate. If, by fate, I get pregnant, then I'll go along with it and if I do not, we can always try again."

"We are going to have to discuss this more later." Loki closed his eyes so I copied him and the two of us laid together, dozing, just enjoying each other's presence and the intimate contact we were sharing.

"Are we just going to spend the day in bed?" I finally asked.

"Mmm, yes. If that is what you wish."

"I do wish that." Without further ado, Loki's hands began to rub my back, fingers bent so his nails were lightly scratching my skin. Then, something happened that neither of us expected. Loki scratched the place where my wings would normally be connected to my body and a rumble sprang up in my chest. It wasn't an aggressive sound in fact–to my great embarrassment–it sounded eerily similar to a cat's purr. Loki chuckled and focused his attention on those spots.

"Hello, Kitten." I wanted to tell him to shut up but my jaw was inoperable. His touch was literally paralyzing my whole body.

It got to the point where I was about to fall asleep but it seemed that fate did not have that in mind. Nor did fate wish us to spend the day in bed because there was a knock on the door.

"Enter." Loki's voice said. But the sound had not come from the Loki inches away from me.

"Thor. After all this time and now you come to me for help. Why? Shouldn't you be with your mortal?"

"Loki, enough. No more illusions." I heard his magic fade away, followed by Thor stuttering.

"Now you see us. Are you certain you don't want that illusion back now?"

"I did not come here for cheap tricks. Instead I offer you the chance at a far richer prank."

"Go on." Loki sat up, letting the bedcovers fall away from his upper torso.

"I know you seek to anger father as much as I do. You help me escape Asgard and I will grant it to you. As well as the chance to do the right thing."

"You must be truly desperate to come to me for help. What makes you think you can trust me?"

"Mother and Mira do. If you betray me, you will betray them as well." Loki chuckled.