Chapter 130

Mira's POV

Dreyma woke one more time during the night, but she hadn't been hungry, she just wanted attention. It took Loki more than five tries to lay her down in her crib without waking her again, but she didn't get upset. Slightly exasperated perhaps, but not upset.

Eir didn't come in until ten, when she heard Dreyma crying. This time, she had to be changed. And then fed. Loki did the honors this time, and as I bystander, I suddenly understood why she had wanted to feed her. When Dreyma finished however, Loki transformed back into his male form.

"You should know," Eir began, "That we must return to Asgard tonight. In the dead of night so we are not noticed by the public."

"Won't Heimdall see us?" Loki shuffled uncomfortably.

"You haven't told her?"

"Told me what?" Loki sighed and looked at the floor.

"Heimdall found me out. So as Odin, I charged him with negligence of duty and imprisoned him. He escaped within the week."

"So who is the Gatekeeper?"

"Skurge. He is one of our more decorated warriors, and fought alongside Thor on Vanaheim."

"How much does he know?"

"Enough, and he is sworn to keep our secrets."

"How am I going to face the others?"

"Excuse me?"

"I left more than a year ago with barely a word and now suddenly I'm back with a newborn baby in tow!"

"They don't have to see Dreyma. We'll sneak her into our chambers and I'll soundproof them."

"Then how am I going to excuse not training with them?"

"You'll think of something. You're resourceful."

"And you'll have time. I don't want you going anywhere near the training grounds for at least two weeks."

"And you should also know that you'll only have to make excuses to Fandral, Hogun, and Volstagg. Sif and Hannah left Asgard some months ago as part of Hannah's training. And as far as I know, those three won't come poking around our chambers on their own."

"I wish I'd know Hannah and Sif were going to leave." I exclaimed, "I would've said goodbye!"

"They'll be back in eight months or so." I grumbled at him.

"You still should've told me."

"I'm sorry, Mira."

"Apology accepted." I muttered. There was no point in getting mad at him now.

"And the others are very anxious to meet Dreyma. They're waiting outside."

"Then by all means." Loki gestured to the door, too enamoured with Dreyma to get up, "Come in." The door opened and the others seemingly came pouring into the room. Wanda and Steve both had trays of food. I felt myself blush.

"For the new parents."

"You guys need to stop making stuff for us! You're making me feel so guilty!"

"Please, you have done like seventy percent of the cooking since the others left." I rolled my eyes.

"We'd like you all to meet our daughter, Dreyma." Loki reluctantly relinquished her to Steve and we turned our primary focus to eating what had been placed in front of us. I kept a sharp ear in their direction, listening to their coos and for any sign that Dreyma was uncomfortable or upset, but she seemed fine.