Chapter 143

142 took us right back to her apartment, making my entire journey today one big, rather unsatisfying circle. 

"What are those things on her eyes?" Bruce was wiping his face with Thor's cloak, "Are those people that she's killed?  She's so beautiful and strong and–" We entered the building.

"Who is this guy?"

"Uh..."

"I–I'm–"

"He's a friend."

"I feel like I know you."

"I feel like I know you too." I glanced at Thor, who shook his head.  I would seem that Bruce's alter ego would remain a secret for now.
We took the elevator up to 142's floor, but right before we got to the door, she turned around.

"Look, I've spent years in a haze, trying to forget my past.  Sakaar seemed like the best place to drink and forget, and to die, one day."

"I was thinking that you drink too much, and that it probably was gonna kill you."

"I don't plan to stop drinking."

"Oh."

"But.  I don't wanna forget.  I can't turn away anymore so, if I'm gonna die, well, it may as well be driving my sword through the heart of that murderous hag."

"Yeah, good."

"So what I'm saying is that I wanna be on the team.  Has it got a name?"

"Yeah, it's the uh, called the uh, the Revengers."

"Revengers?"

"Because I'm getting revenge, you're getting revenge, Mira is getting revenge," He turned to Bruce, "And you...do you want revenge?"

"I–uh, I...I'm undecided."

"Also, I've got a peace offering." She finally let us into the apartment, and I was greeted with the sight of Loki, tied up and sitting on a block on the floor.  Thankfully, he was fully clothed. 

"Supriiiiiise." Thor got through the door ahead of me, and didn't hesitate to pick up a canister and throw it at Loki.  It bounced off his head, though he'd made no attempt to dodge.

"Ow."

"Just had to be sure, brother." I ran over to Loki.

"There you are, my love." I knelt and kissed him deeply, my free hand working the chains and releasing him.  As soon as his hands were free, they snaked around my body, pulling me flush against him, one hand coming up to cradle the back of my head.

"OI!  Lackey, hands off!"

"Tell me to do something regarding my wife again and I'll show you just how dangerous I can be." Our lips separated only enough for him to speak.

"Your–" I didn't have to be looking at her to know she was glancing wildly between Thor, who called me 'sister', and Loki 'brother', and us.  It didn't take a genius to figure out, and that's before taking Dreyma's resemblance to Loki into account.

"Oh, my Doe.  I've missed you." There was an annoyed cry from below us, "And I've missed you too, my dear one." He eased Dreyma out of my arms and cooed at her.  She calmed almost instantly.

"Hello, Bruce."

"So.  Last time I heard anything regarding you, you were dead.  Where you at these days?"

"It varies from moment to moment." He replied with a completely straight face and a dangerously gravelly tone.  He let Bruce think about it for a moment before he smirked.