Chapter 11

All too soon, Thor was pounding on my door.

"LADY MIRA!  IT IS TIME TO BREAK OUR FAST. PERHAPS YOU WILL GIVE ME THE HONOR OF SITTING WITH US."

"You can come in." The door opened and Thor strolled in.  As soon as he saw me sitting up in bed, he stopped short and turned away.

"I shall wait for you to become decent."

"No, it's fine.  What should I wear?  I don't have that many formal dresses."

"I am certain my mother will have something you can wear." He left and I sat back into the pillows.  I was still tired, I hadn't slept a wink. 

Loki's POV

I was rudely awoken by Thor banging on Mira's door telling her it was time to get up.  I felt like I had only just fallen asleep but there was sunlight streaming through my window.  I groaned and literally rolled out of bed.  I couldn't be late, I was still a prince.

Mira's POV

Frigga came by a few minutes after Thor left.  With a green and gold dress.  Loki's colors.

"You did this on purpose." I accused.

"What?" She asked a little too innocently, "I know who you really are dear, Thor told me last night." I froze.

"You're not going to tell Odin, are you?"

"Not until after the trial and Loki's punishment is set.  If Odin truly believes you're an angel then he will not be as harsh on him.  Especially if you tell him that Loki is your intended.

"But he isn't."

"Odin doesn't know that.  Angels are mysterious creatures, not much is known about them.  I believe you will be able to convince him that you were destined for Loki since the dawn of time."

"But then he won't kill him, but he'll still lock him up for life."

"Not if you are able to convince him that you need to be with him."  I blushed, that obviously had a different meaning here. 

"Alright."  She turned to go.

"One more thing!  Do not tell Odin this directly, he must guess.  Wearing Loki's colors are an unmistakable sign that you are his."

"But I'm not!  I don't belong to anyone."

"You must pretend to."

"Fine."  She left me to get dressed.  I actually liked the dress, it was made of the softest silk I had ever felt and it had a pair of trains hanging from my shoulders.  It also had an open back.  I let my wings out, they had seen them last night so there wasn't really a point in hiding them now.  I knocked on Loki's door, assuming that we were supposed to arrive together.

"Enter!"  I went in but instantly turned around.  He was shirtless.  I only caught a quick glance but I liked what I saw.

"Does my state of undress embarrass you?"  His tone dared me to turn around.  I wasn't one to back down from a challenge so I turned to face him.  Loki was taking an unnecessarily long amount of time smoothing out wrinkles in his shirt before he put it on.  My mouth went dry.  Against my will, my eyes trailed over his exposed muscles.  They weren't as obvious as Thor's but they were there.  His muscles were lean, he was by no means weak.  The skin of his abdomen and back rippled with power as he pulled a shirt over his head.  It would be a lie if I said I wasn't disappointed when the black cloth covered his pale chest.  Loki glanced at me and grinned like a Cheshire Cat.

"What?"

"You liked what you saw." It wasn't a question, "And I must say you look ravishing in my colors."  My blush became more evident.